Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, need your help on this one, not sure if I am paranoid or not. When riding I hear a ticking sound, kinda like how when you were a kid you would put a card on the spokes and hear a click click click as the wheel moves.

Any thoughts, or is this normal ? I though it might be just the dry clutch, not sure though since the termis are so loud its hard to find out where its coming from, but its definitely in the front area.

thanks bunch

·
øøøøº
1,312 Posts
Could be the paralever!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I was reading someone else's post about ticking sound. I tightened up the chain again, third time in 600 miles, and the ticking sound went away.

Thanks again all.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just thinking out loud here, but are you tightening up the chain but still allowing for correct chain slack? That ticking may be the chain making slight contact with the chain guard which is normal. If you've tightened you chain 3 times in 600 miles I think you may be continuously stretching it. Chain driven bikes are always a bit noisier than shaft or belt.

Just my .02, something to think about.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, measuring gain slack with calibrated calipers at 32-34 mm per manual from bottom of metal part of swing arm. I had a r6 when new stretch a lot as well quite a bit a few years ago, but it settled in after about 700-800. Maybe last time when I adjusted the chain when I swapped front gear I did not set it right, used eye ball with a vrappy ruler. Had to bust out the work calipers this time just to be sure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts