Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished a epic ride with the Montgomery Street Motorcycle club on My ST3s. Started in Tiburon, great ride down the coast on 1 to Cambria. Day 2 Cambria to Furnace Creek.DV to Williams Arizona via Hoover Dam and Route 66 from Kingman to Seligam and the into Williams. Next day Grand Canyon and Monument valley and evening at Mexican Hat. Morning takes us to Moab and the Red Cliffs Lodge (outstanding)then on to Torre Zion and Bryce after Canyonlands. Back in Nevada (Caliente) and last evening in Lone Pine.
Riding the Canyons at these locations were fabulous as well as some of the big sweepers. Lots of tar snakes but none bit.
Great crowd to ride with, all bikes free of issues 8 beamer's Gs's Rt's R, only Italian in crowd. One stop by L.E.O East of Moab said I was going real fast, I agreed, had a collegial conversation with him and was given a warning.
Already looking forward to the next journey.

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
+1 cryin shame to talk epic rides without sharing pictures. Thats how we couch potatoes go on long rides, others go on our behalf!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
+1 cryin shame to talk epic rides without sharing pictures. Thats how we couch potatoes go on long rides, others go on our behalf!
OK John, since I haven't yet downloaded my photos yet, I won't tell you about the six state trip I just returned from. get that multi out of your garage and RIDE it. almost exactly the same amount of miles with the longest day being 612 miles. JB

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Do you know my buddy Marshall Roath? He is a member of the Montgomery St. Motorcycle Club. He used to own a very nice custom painted ST2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marshall Roath

Hi Bill,
Yes I have meet Marshall on a few occasions as he is an associate member of the club.
His intention at this point is to do the Oregon ride with the club next month,so we might see his shiny ST2.
I have been following your mending process and wish you the best.
Robert

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
OK John, since I haven't yet downloaded my photos yet, I won't tell you about the six state trip I just returned from. get that multi out of your garage and RIDE it. almost exactly the same amount of miles with the longest day being 612 miles. JB
I'm working on it, seriously JB. I just have a few or more upgrades to make and maybe some bling and I'll start really planning. As starters, I need bluetooth and Ipod connections, among other means in order to stay connected with civilization. I do have a buddy who left riding R1s and he picked up a 1200GS, one complete with the metal containership luggage, million candlepower long range search lites, crash bars that will protect the Titanic against a steelberg and a bunch of other "are we on the moon yet?" parts. I asked him to put me on the travel list after he gets back from an extended tour of Canada.

I was thinking since it will be my first touring experience, I thought booking a room at a Marriott or Hyatt would be a good idea in order to offset the arduous time in the saddle. I don't want to suffer from premature touring burnout. What do you think?

Hey, this is not about me so where are the pictures?

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
I just have a few or more upgrades to make and maybe some bling and I'll start really planning. As starters, I need bluetooth and Ipod connections, among other means in order to stay connected with civilization.
Holy Cow!!!!! You don't need any of that stuff. Why the need to stay connected to civilization? Just get out there and ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts