Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight unfortunately I had an issue with the ThunderDuc. I thought I blew a fuse, all of a sudden I heard popping and then it started to smoke. I managed to cut the power, The smoke looked like it was coming from the ECU With all the smoke I expected to see burnt wires and melted plastic but the odd thing is I have not been able to locate any. After that I checked all the fuses, there were no burnt fuses. So now the head lights, Tail lights, and instrument lights do not work. The blinkers and brake lights work. My concern is if all the smoke came from the ECU and the popping sound, what other items could possibly be inactive? what other weird anomalies should I be looking for?

Thank you in advance for your comments and help.
Richard

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Maybe the rectifier died? Is it located next to the ECU?
I don’t have access to all my info at the moment to look any further.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I believe I found the issue it was definitely the wire that connected the wiring harness to the regulator. Unfortunately it has taken out a lot of connections to the wiring harness. Does anyone know where I can purchase a complete wiring harness? while I’m at it, I might as well replace all the wiring for ThunderDuc.
33805AA5-9A86-4EEF-97F8-EEECC6DD060C.jpeg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer? Fleabay?

Sounds like a big big job if you have to replace the whole harness. :cry:
To tell you the truth this bike was setup for racing and it was stripped down to its minimum by Chris when he built it. Everything is straightforward the wiring harness is so easy to pull out and just reconnect a new one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update - I was able to locate a new wiring loom. I did not realize how difficult and expensive they are but it is worth the effort. It’s will be a great opportunity to detail and restore ThunderDuc 2.0
2AA70A89-8D6F-4354-B270-A8F4FD8AB55D.jpeg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts