251 Posts
ME!:D
I'm Coming from Long Island.... probably leaving Saturday night

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome!!
I'll be riding Saturday evening, and already booked a hotel room for the night.
Are you riding down? If so, do you want to meet up?
Or if you're trailering, do you have an extra spot for me? I'll be more than happy to share the costs :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pictures

NJMP ThunderBolt 8/16/09
Ran by Absolute Cycle
High temperature: 96’F
Tarmac temperature: 120’F
90% Sunny
10% Cloudy

It was a great day for sure!!! ThunderDucRacer’s bike is HOTTT!! Pictures don’t give it justice! The bike is just gorgeous, and even nicer to see it running on the track!! (See picture below). It was really nice meeting Chris as well!

Below are some pictures taken of my biposto, and Maxpr1’s LE (with the sweet sounding Zards).

I have a couple of videos of our sessions. One of myself shooting maxpr1, and another one of him shooting me on track. It’s really great to see one’s body position, and the line taken on turns…
One of them is 28 minutes, and the other 15 minutes. I have to edit them, and remove all the idle time, waiting in pit lane before starting the session. I’ll try to post it in the next couple of days.

I know this is psychological: usually I prefer right handed turns, but surprisingly, I’m more comfortable dragging knee on left turns...

Anyway, enjoy the pics!
PS: Forgot the telephoto lens!!! These were taken with an 18/55mm…

Here's how the stock tires looked toward the middle of the day!
Lighter wheels and new tires are going to be my next mod!!!

~k

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dam koucki ! your one tire melting mofo.let me know when your doing that again well ride out to see this live.
will surely let you know!! it was such a great & fun day... I still have a smile from ear to ear :D

how was britjam? did you take pictures?

~k

·
Registered
714 Posts
britjam was allright,a lot more mellower than your day but nice ride nonetheless.my buddy rides a triumph so the trip was more for him than me,no pictures I forgot my camera.but HOT like HELL huh ? not a ideal day for leather.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you said it right! super hot day! it was a workout to wear the suit and gloves before each session!! luckily, maxpr1 had a canopy, we both had beach chairs, brought a cooler full of water and gatorade and stayed well hydrated in the shade...

~k

·
Registered
251 Posts
Kuoki,
Thanks for posting the pictures, we had great fun!!! Can't wait to see the videos:D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
looks nice koucki. looks like you guys had fun. I'm in on the next one you do. Damn this working weekends.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Awesome way to start our week guys.

It was a pleasure meeting you K, and seeing you again Max......glad we weren't any of the 'chosen few' on the trailers after every session..

Very hot day indeed...., ThunderDuc still got it in her to do some 34's after lunch in Group 4 with my buddy John and his TZ250. Ironically, he is the mastermind behind the paint and fiberglass work on my bike:).... but we don't push past the 'limit'..whatever that is.

Looks like Thunder will be out to play again in October and taking a month off right now..... I can't wait to get over to Lightning and get her wide open...

Cheers guys, really!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
papawheelie: I'm planning to go at least 1 or 2 more times before the end of the summer. Will surely let you know.

The videos taken on the track are 20 minutes each. Youtube has a limit of 10 minutes per video.
Which software do you use to edit them? Did it come with your camera or is it 3rd party? Is there any other site that allows 20 minutes videos?

In the meantime, here's a snapshot taken coming out of the S leading to the long straight (not sure, but I think it's turn 10 or 11?)

BTW, this time, foot pegs were dragging on both sides. It's probably because Bipostos have pegs located lower and more forward leaning than Monos rearsets...

~k

Attachments

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I use final cut and of course only on a mac. I slapped the last couple together in imovie. Both are mac only programs. They are nice cause they have a youtube button. So when you are done, you click the button and off it goes. No one wants to watch a 20 minute youtube video. Even if your had a hot naked chick on the back. :D You also don't want to upload a 20 minute video. My 3:30 videos take over an hour to upload. You are looking at about 5 or more hours of upload time. Chances are you network or youtube will create an error in that time. I don't have any advise if you are using windows. Sorry.

Hopefully I can make the next one.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool, thanks!!!
I'm at work now, and bandwidth here is 20/20mbs up and down (FIOS)!!!
I use picasa to organize pictures and videos, which also has the you tube button for uploading... but isn't flexible for video editing. Anyway, a 10 minute video upload should take me just a few minutes :D

~k

·
Registered
251 Posts
In the meantime, here's a snapshot taken coming out of the S leading to the long straight (not sure, but I think it's turn 10 or 11?)

BTW, this time, foot pegs were dragging on both sides. It's probably because Bipostos have pegs located lower and more forward leaning than Monos rearsets...

~k
Kuocki is a smoooth operator!!!:D He is faster than he leads on! But regardless, we had lots of fun, hopefully we'll get to see some action from those videos soon!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts