Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've googled and searched the Throttlemeister website for the installation instructions but can't seem to find any. Does anyone have it electronically that they can send me?

·
Mr Leakered
8,837 Posts
I was looking for the same a while ago, for both the TM and the Cycle Cat controls the PO installed. I really just want torque values.

I even tried contacting TM directly. Nothing.

What's up with your TM? I had to futz with mine a bit to get the gap right in relation to my heated grips. It seems to stay consistent after getting it just right.

Have a good one.

·
Destinations are optional
576 Posts
Once you get the parts assembled and are fitting it to the bar end, be prepared to play with it until you get it just right. It's strictly trial and error, and you'll eventually find a balance between how far in the brass expander screws in on the spindle screw, and how much tightening you do with your allen wrench.

Make sure you always keep your allen wrench with you, as it sometimes works its way loose, and needs re-tightening. I've also noticed that when I'm touring in very hot weather, it's been known to tighten up on me unexpectedly, in which case I just rotate the adjuster a bit....you'd notice it immediately, so no worries there. On balance, it works beautifully and I don't leave home without it;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the bike had the TM installed but without the black sleeve that the bronze piece rubs against. so I ordered another one with the shim but no instructions. Is is just a matter of taking off the bar end, rolling up the grip, putting on the shims (trial and error for the number...any suggestions?), putting on the black sleeve then put on the bar end?

Does that sound correct?

·
Mr Leakered
8,837 Posts
Exactly. I even had to trim down the black sleeve a bit to work well with my heated grips.

I don't know for sure if the TM for my Cycle Cats is the same as the Duc bars. My TM has a couple O-rings that are expanded by the allen bolt to hold it in place. I think there may have been a shim or two in there. I did find with everything torqued down, I can wiggle it in and out a bit if it needs fine adjustment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts