Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I have an 03 monster 800SIE, I need to adjust the throttle position sensor. Is there a method without the use of a Mathesis Diagnostic tool or the dealer?
thanks
dan

·
Beta Tester
1,957 Posts
you can buy the VDST cables from technoresearch to connect your bike to a computer and do it. a few years ago, the cost was about 130 bucks for the basic setup. cheaper than a mathesis, but more expensive than the dealer who might do it for free if you catch them when they are not busy (happened to me that way). it only takes about 5 minutes to reset the TPS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi
Thanks, the closest dealership is a 100 miles away from me, I will try the VDST from technoresearch. I have heard you can use a multimeter to set it also, anyone know the procedure?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looking thru the ducati repair manual, it states that if the throttle position sensor has been replaced it has to be reset with ECU. I have replaced mine but do not have a Mathesis to reset it. Will the VDST allow me to mate the TPS to the ECU?

·
Beta Tester
1,957 Posts
i have installed the DP ecu on both my bikes. a new ecu needs to have a TPS reset performed, so i assume that a new TPS also needs to be reset. you can do this with the VDST, in addition to: clearing maint reminders, reading trouble codes, adjust fuel mixture and some other diagnostics. i've only used mine for TPS resets and clearing the maint reminder on the ST-3s. if you decide to go with the VDST, i suggest calling LT @ desmotimes.com. he knows which one will work with your specific ecu. some vendors stock, and sell them, but have limited knowlege concerning which one you need. (i learned this the hard way.) you now know everything i know about VDST;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts