Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Duc 1999 750 SS w/ 9800 miles on it. It has started bogging out during throttle advance around the 5K to 6K rpm. I have a clear gas tank, no apparent dirt or particles of anything. The ignition idiot lights do not come on, the bike just appears to lose power, but then after a few seconds restores itself.
I would like to trouble shoot this without the dealer at this point. Has any one got any ideas?

Attachments

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
Missed 6,000 mile fuel filter change perhaps.

A partially clogged filter will disrupt fuel flow, cause bad throttle response, and can lean out the motor on the fuel injected models. In addition, it will cause extra load on the fuel pump which loads up the electrical system thereby making the charging system work harder that often leads to a fried regulator.

·
Registered
400 Posts
What Shazaam said...

Losing power as rev's climb, then suddenly regaining power, is indicative of the fuel supply not keeping up with demand. There are a couple of things that can cause this; one cheap, and one not so cheap. So, in keeping with the "start cheap and work towards expensive" philosophy, change the fuel filter and see what that does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts