Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to sell my 03 ST4S and am considering robbing a few parts off it to put on a 900SS carbie (yet to be purchased).

1. Does anyone know if the ST Throttle Meisters would be compatible with a 91-97 900SS?

2. I really like the Bags Connect tank bag on my ST that clips to an adapter ring attached to the fuel tank flange ring. Does anyone know if the bolt pattern on the flange ring is the same for the ST and the SS?

Thanks! I really miss my 92 900SS and after almost three years with the ST, a great bike too, I am ready to go back...

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
fuel tank cap is the same pattern/size on both.

the throttle mister should work fine but you may need to make a internal bar adapter. This is not hard as you are simply making something to lock the bar end to the Id of the tube. The one I have in the shop is missing the mechanism so I can not test for you but the SS rube will be steel and probably a larger Id than what you have. I do not think it will be a issue at all so I would keep the two parts no question.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fuel tank cap is the same pattern/size on both.

the throttle mister should work fine but you may need to make a internal bar adapter. This is not hard as you are simply making something to lock the bar end to the Id of the tube. The one I have in the shop is missing the mechanism so I can not test for you but the SS rube will be steel and probably a larger Id than what you have. I do not think it will be a issue at all so I would keep the two parts no question.
Excellent! Thanks for the input. I really like both of the two accessories. Now I just need to find a 900ss to attach them to.

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
There was a nice looking 900CR just purchased by a forum member on here I think he was thinking of moving and may need to sell.

Let me know what you are looking for and I am happy to see if I have any customers selling.

IIRC there is a SP in VT and possably a crazy built FE also in VT. There was a 92 900ss in NH (pre sp) with some nice parts but would want/some work.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There was a nice looking 900CR just purchased by a forum member on here I think he was thinking of moving and may need to sell.

Let me know what you are looking for and I am happy to see if I have any customers selling.

IIRC there is a SP in VT and possably a crazy built FE also in VT. There was a 92 900ss in NH (pre sp) with some nice parts but would want/some work.
Looking for a clean 91-98 full fairing 900ss. A project is not out of the question. My last one was a white framed 92 with FCR's, 12:1 pistons, etc., which was great, but stock is fine too. The FCR's did make it a beast to start when the temps dropped!

I had sort of planned to sell the ST4S first but if the right SS becomes available I could probably come up with the $$. I am located in MD. Thanks!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts