Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my bike off the trailer and notice my throttle doesn't want to spring back. Any ideas. Going on a trip in a couple of days and like to have it working properly. FYI. I used the canyon dancers on it doe trailering. Don't know if
That had anything to do with it.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I had this happen to me on my ST4 three or four years ago. Totally out of the blue and for no apparent reason.
I can't remember exactly what I did as it was so long ago, but I fixed it with some sort of washer arrangement - I can take the bar end off and take a pic if it will help, but I won't have time to do that until Monday.

Rubber Duckie's suggestion is a good one. Mine was definitely ok with the bar end weight removed, I remember that bit.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Grip/barend interference could definitely be the cause. It's common thing to have to check for when installing new grips.

I don't have experience with the Canyon Dancer harness products, but I'm familiar with what the setup looks like, and it seems very plausible to me that they could have upset the grip-to-barend arrangement such that it has started binding.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Fixing throttle spring-back

I had the same issue, lubing throttle cable was no help. After making sure the mechanical linkage was fine, I took off the throttle grip and tube, cleaned off the bar end, and lubed it with dry wax type lube, re-assembled, and all has been fine for two years now.

Good luck,
Bart

Just got my bike off the trailer and notice my throttle doesn't want to spring back. Any ideas. Going on a trip in a couple of days and like to have it working properly. FYI. I used the canyon dancers on it doe trailering. Don't know if
That had anything to do with it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Hello

I've had my shafts stick in the T/B's on a couple of different occasions.
Both times it was immediately after a T/B synch and/or TPS reset.
Can't offer any theories on that, but a good dose of oil to the shafts got my spring mojo workin'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.