Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem, and I have accepted it. I love this silly bike. I have now owned my 1100evo for three years. I have given it more hell then any Monster should have to go through. Snow, hail, freezing rain, torrential down pours, and whatever else mother nature can come up with, the Monster always just keeps on going. The body work is battered, small scratches and nicks. I bought her new with all of 20 miles, now she is up to 23,640miles. Every time I hit that mid range burst of torque I get the biggest smile on my face. I have taken the bike from TN to Nova Scotia, and on my most recent trip to California and back. Shes now been through 30 states. For a bike I was very nervous about buying because of the horror stories I had heard it has been nothing but bullet proof reliable, knock on wood. I do make sure it gets every service it should. However, I did not think I would make it this far without having some silly issues. I hope I never have to get rid of this bike. It would hurt my soul if I did. Cheers to my old gal.

Matt
The Mosnter

Attachments

·
Registered
384 Posts
Man I know this feeling well. I just flipped 27k on my bought-as-new 2013 M1100 EVO 20th Anniversary. My pals give me shit because "high mileage bruh". What-the-frick-ever (like 27k is high mileage, lol). I also have a 2013 Multistrada with over 30k miles, that one being my 9th Duc (916, 748, 749, 999, 996, ST2, Sport Classic 1000, M1100 EVO and MTS). Of all of the Ducs I've owned, the M1100 EVO does something special and it's easily my favorite. That power-to-weight and mid-range is insanely fun. My wife and I are moving back to Japan next year and I'm taking it with me, there's no way I could ever sell it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Damn man, you guys make me feel like my bike is wasting away. I've, sadly, only put about 3k on over the last 3 years. Baby and fancy work clothes will do that. Should hopefully up the mileage starting this year though. BTW, how to you handle riding this thing to from TN to Nova Scotia or California? My wrists can't stand that!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn man, you guys make me feel like my bike is wasting away. I've, sadly, only put about 3k on over the last 3 years. Baby and fancy work clothes will do that. Should hopefully up the mileage starting this year though. BTW, how to you handle riding this thing to from TN to Nova Scotia or California? My wrists can't stand that!
My wrists have never really bothered me, my palms are what kill me. The trip to Nova Scotia was pretty rough. Before I went to California I changed out grips, and got one of those little plastic throttle locks. It didn't really lock out my throttle, but kept the throttle from turning all the way down. It made it much better :).
I looked back because I was curious, I had three warranty items:

Fork Seal (Bad from factory)
Oil cooler line oring went out
Battery replaced

Damn those rosy tinted glasses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts