Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
11,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Barber vintage festival this last weekend and came upon this Monster.
It was a little muddy because it was raining so the contraption is dirty but I found it quite interesting.
I didn't talk to the owner so I don't have any details. But it looks like it would ride very similar to a two wheeled bike. Looks like fun!
Enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
While I applaud the engineering and skill this demands.....
Just because you can...does'nt mean you should:p

·
Registered
328 Posts
That looks cool definatly one of a kind! I would love to take it for a spin!

I would think that 900 would be a bit under powered engine though for the added weight? but then again I'm always wanting more power.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That looks cool definatly one of a kind! I would love to take it for a spin!

I would think that 900 would be a bit under powered engine though for the added weight? but then again I'm always wanting more power.
It's a 620. I talked to the guy that built it. He said he designed it and with the help of his friends did all the fabrication. It certainly is unique and caught everybodies eye at Barber's.

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Ugh..fugly

Looks like a tractor. Does it come with a mower attachment?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Well maybe stretch it out. so you can make it lower sleeker and give it a nose of some kind to cover some of the mechanics up front. I can understand the idea if I ever wreck myself so bad I can't physically ride two wheels any more I'd try to do something like this. Thought about it before but never did come up with the system to limit roll like he did. Funny but with how I live I'm always trying to think of how to keep enjoying life if I screw myself up!!! :D

·
Registered
280 Posts
Man, if you want a 3-wheeled bike, the bombadier spider is waaay nicer than that thing.

·
comrade moderator
27,335 Posts
That dosen't lean though. I've ridden the Paiggio MP3 500 and it's a riot, just gutless.

I'm think the same thing about being prepared for alternative riding future. Bikes like this could open doors for people who can't, for whatever reason, ride a regular motorcycle but still crave the sensations. It's a really good compromise, I'd think.

·
Bon Vivant
11,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Man, if you want a 3-wheeled bike, the bombadier spider is waaay nicer than that thing.
I've spent a fair amount of time on a Spyder - They're a gas but a three wheeler that leans is another world altogether - much better IMO than a Spyder!

·
Bon Vivant
11,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It requires constant steering input and never really feels settled.
If you're not used to a quad the Spyder can be weird. But I've raced quads for years so the Spyder feels normal.

But I do agree, the only way to do it right is to make a riding vehicle lean. The spyder isn't there

·
Registered
35 Posts

Man, if you want a 3-wheeled bike, the Piaggio MP3 is waaay nicer than a bombadier spider.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The Spider sucks. NO HAND BRAKE. T-rex rules.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts