Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do some basic maintenance on my bikes (oil changes, chain adjustments + clean/lube and other minor things) but I have a small problem: while my MTS 1200 has a center stand, my S4RS and girlfriend's 2000 Monster 750 Dark have different rear suspension. Ideally, I'd like to get a rear stand with which I can service both bikes, rather then buying two different ones - for regular rear suspension and for single-swingarm. I looked around a bit but there are many options so I figured I'd ask the forum and someone who might have similar situation and is using something "universal".

The second question is about oil changes. I'd like to be able to order filters/parts for all three bikes. Do they all use the same size filter? Or is it somewhat model specific? And is there a website where you guys find easiest getting everything in one place for your maintenance, with decent pricing?

Thanks for any and all replies,

s

·
Registered
523 Posts
I want to do some basic maintenance on my bikes (oil changes, chain adjustments + clean/lube and other minor things) but I have a small problem: while my MTS 1200 has a center stand, my S4RS and girlfriend's 2000 Monster 750 Dark have different rear suspension. Ideally, I'd like to get a rear stand with which I can service both bikes, rather then buying two different ones - for regular rear suspension and for single-swingarm. I looked around a bit but there are many options so I figured I'd ask the forum and someone who might have similar situation and is using something "universal".

The second question is about oil changes. I'd like to be able to order filters/parts for all three bikes. Do they all use the same size filter? Or is it somewhat model specific? And is there a website where you guys find easiest getting everything in one place for your maintenance, with decent pricing?

Thanks for any and all replies,

s
Welcome to the forum. Can't comment on the rear stands, but the answer to the oil filter question is in the parts manuals: ducati.com parts manuals. These are useful to have with decent breakdown pictures and they also have the part numbers.

As far as where to buy things, I try to support the local dealer as much as I can even if I pay a bit more. You'll find Hall's down in Springfield, IL is a good place to work with. If you don't have time for the nice ride/drive along IL-10 and IL-54, they will ship for a reasonable price and quickly too if they have what you need in stock. They are also usually quick if something needs to be ordered from Ducati.
Bill W.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've seen a center jack type stand that can be used for both bikes,, placed under the engine, and lifts straight up where both tires come off the ground..

and yes, the all three bikes use the same filter. just do a quick search online, i think its part number 44440034A

1 - 4 of 4 Posts