Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I've been using 'Newfren' (ebay) plates in both my Ducatis for a few years now with no issues whatsoever and they're very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is a bit dated but, back when I was in the business in the late 1970s Suzuki published a model application guide. All part #s followed by a list of models that part occurred on. So if you could find an old timer Suzuki parts man he could shed a lot of light your way on your clutch plate puzzle.
The model application guide was a tremendous tool to have and we always cussed Honda and BMW for not offering the same.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Well, I got in the Suzuki OEM clutch plate I ordered. #21441-45100. It's a dead ringer for a Ducati friction plate. Except it's alloy instead of steel. Which would be easier on your clutch basket. ;) It even mics out at 3mm thick at the friction zone.
I want to get a few more and put in one of my bikes and see how they work compared to stock. Maybe head out to Racer Road and do a few hot laps to simulate a Track Day. Or drive back and forth through our little city to simulate rush hour in a big city.:giggle:

xracer seemed to like the ones he used...

Reactions: Neil66

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well, I got in the Suzuki OEM clutch plate I ordered. #21441-45100.
Excellent, I'm in need of a new set of plates on my old, but new to me ST. Had them out for a clean & lithium job & ground away the beaten tangs as best as I could but there's a limited life left in them now.

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
how wide is the tang that will beat against the basket?
Sorry I missed this last month.

The Suzuki plate (#21441-45100) is a dead ringer in overall diameter and tang size, same thickness. I put it in a '94 M900 which was missing a plate, and it drove out fine. It was the top plate next to the pressure plate.
The rest was an original set that came with the bike ,and it's been sitting around with only 4500 miles on it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts