Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Just an update....I just spoke to motodynamics and they are sending out a new circuit board to me today. Hope to see it first part of the week.

Its in my profile. Just click on my user name and then view profile. The album is in there.

OK- late update. I got the new LED boards from motodynamics yesterday. I rebuilt the taillight and it all works fine now! Bike looks great with the tail gone- and the smoked lens. Sequential turn signals are really cool!! I try to get some pics up soon.

Looks good man! What tail kit did you get?

I like the ZG Double Bubble too- I've thought about doin that.

I've only ridden about 65 miles so far. Everytime I'm not workin it's raining!

Looks good man! What tail kit did you get?

I like the ZG Double Bubble too- I've thought about doin that.

I've only ridden about 65 miles so far. Everytime I'm not workin it's raining!
I got the same kit you did,those guys were great. I needed the double bubble, we do alot of cannon ball runs and that stock screen doesn't block shit lol

I put 1800 miles on her in April alone lol. probably gonna need a valve adjustment in the middle of the summer at this rate :)

Hey- on the tail kit- did you lock tite the screw that holds the plate frame to the stem? Or do you think it's ok? I was a little concerned about it vibrating loose.

This thread is so long dead... However, I thought I might chime in as the original thread post was about LED tail lights. I haven't been impressed with LED tail lights in the past, with the exception of the Moto light housing referenced at the beginning of the thread, but this thread started 6 years or so ago. LED technology has improved greatly. I didn't really want to purchase a whole new tail light housing, and I still have my original blinkers, which I didn't want to give up. So I was interested in an LED bulb. Webbikeworld has done a review of LED bulbs a couple years ago, and for the most part, concluded that incandescents were still brighter in most instances than LED bulbs for tail light applications.

I came across a thread from the Ferrari forums where Cree LEDs were used in the tail lights. The emphasis was how the light was diffused so the LED wasn't so directional, which it does NOT need to be in a tail light application. I did some searching and found where there was a 1157 tail light utilizing 6 small Cree LEDs with a way to spread out the light output. I bought them for my 996 and my Falco and waited (and waited and waited). Shipment finally arrived today.

The bulbs are longer than a 1157, but they do fit a 996 stock tail light housing. Results are below (note one original bulb left in for comparison):

Brake NOT on:

Brake on:

Another perspective from my Falco:

Picture of the bulb compared to a standard 1157:

One last note: The brake "on" picture does NOT do the LED justice. The overall brightness is reduced by the camera. The difference between the original light and the LED with the brake on is the same as the difference with the brake off, though the appearance from the pic may not lead you to believe it. Also, the Falco pic is with the brake off.

These were not inexpensive at $15 or so per bulb, but I am very pleased with the light output.

Micah

Reactions: ProphetPVD
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.