Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I sat a few hours on the Kawasaki Er6N.. Started to get used to the bike.. But then a few days later I sat back on my Streetfighter..
Dear god....... :D

It took me atleast half an hour to get used to the brakes and power of the SF.. Not everyone is interested or owns a lighter bike over here.. But give it a shot to ride around with a very calm motorcycle like the Er6N , get used to it.. And then try out your 1098 SF........ It's an overwhelming feeling trust me :).

Getting used to the power and brakes , the handling etc... makes you forget how brutal the SF really is for the road. Atleast through my experience it was , Always great to take a step back and ride the lighter machines to appreciate how brutal the SF really is.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Last week I sat a few hours on the Kawasaki Er6N.. Started to get used to the bike.. But then a few days later I sat back on my Streetfighter..
Dear god....... :D

It took me atleast half an hour to get used to the brakes and power of the SF.. Not everyone is interested or owns a lighter bike over here.. But give it a shot to ride around with a very calm motorcycle like the Er6N , get used to it.. And then try out your 1098 SF........ It's an overwhelming feeling trust me :).

Getting used to the power and brakes , the handling etc... makes you forget how brutal the SF really is for the road. Atleast through my experience it was , Always great to take a step back and ride the lighter machines to appreciate how brutal the SF really is.
It is relative I am assuming. Get on a BMW S1krr and then jump into your streetfighter and it will probably feel like the er6n felt to you, but yeah I understand. I have a monster 900 and the switch from the sf to the monster was a very big deal and now moreso with the panigale.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ls - I had a 95 monster 900 before my SFS. I rode it again a while back and was very un-comfortable. It took a good while to get used to it again.

Then again when I went back to my SFS.

But I am jealous - Monster, SF(S) AND a Panigale. Nice.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I used to ride a Triumph Daytona 675, and always thought my gf's SV650 was way more comfortable. Well now that I have a Streetfighter, we swapped on a long road trip, and I seriously could not remember the SV650 being so insanely cramped! Feet up by your thighs, knees in you chest, butt starts to hurt after only a few miles. Man, we've been spoiled :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
It took me atleast half an hour to get used to the brakes and power of the SF...to appreciate how brutal the SF really is.
LOL. I have that same experience after a few days riding my SV650 for commuting and then jumping back on the SF. The first time I grab a handful of front brake I get a reminder to pay attention!

·
Registered
702 Posts
+1, keep on going back and forth between my newly acquired SV650.

While I wouldn't really call the SF brutal it is definitely much more powerful.

I think the brakes are what's taking me the longest to get used to going to the SV... almost feels like it won't stop :( (hopefully my GSXR front end upgrade will fix this).

Power is clearly miles away but at least this is to be expected.

The SF is like a precise surgical tool while the SV stock wobbles all over the place.

That said it's still fun the ride the SV, things just don't happen as fast so it's a little bit easier to think about what you're going to be next rather than fucking it up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts