Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if I can get some thoughts.....I'm true blue (in this case Red) Ducati. I own a bunch and love each and every one of them but have a chance to pick up a 2012 Aprilia RSV4 factory with only 2600 miles on it. Very clean mostly stock. Any opinions?

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have had one along with my 1098S,
in a word (well maybe 2) DO IT. they are bullet proof & nice to ride without the fussy valves. I know many here have had & still have them.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
An excellent bike. Lacking a little in top end power until this year.

And, after I pick up a 999, the RSV is my next bike... unless I come across a KTM that I cannot pass up on.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
DO IT!!!

Their just as exotic, fun to ride and sexy as Ducati. The newer bikes MY15+ have more power, and the base version is quite a value, but imho the 12' factory looks the best.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Had a chance to ride one and DAMN!!!!! You knew you were riding something with some serious ass....and the sound of the V4 ???

·
Registered
869 Posts
Make sure it a version that has the APRC.....I believe there was a mix of 2012 bikes, some had APRC and others didn't. After 2012, all bikes were supplied with APRC.

·
Registered
262 Posts
APRC started with the '11 bikes. ABS started on the '13 bikes. The V4 sounds ridiculously good. I think it's the best stock sounding bike out there.

You might get the "Aprilia? Who makes that, Suzuki?" question every now and then.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Owned a 2012 RSV4 factory, and without a doubt one of the best sounding things on the planet (especially with a AR GP2 exhaust).. Great electronics package & brakes. Sold it and bought a Panigale 1199S, Could not be happier. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Was wondering if I can get some thoughts.....I'm true blue (in this case Red) Ducati. I own a bunch and love each and every one of them but have a chance to pick up a 2012 Aprilia RSV4 factory with only 2600 miles on it. Very clean mostly stock. Any opinions?
Hey Viper

I'm a Ducati lover as well. Have six in the stable. Bought a 2014 Factory this summer and absolutely love the bike. I was debating between the Factory and the 1299. Rode both and couldn't live with the heat from the Pani so I chose the Aprilia for most of my weekend canyon carving. Buy the bike, the sound it makes is phenomenal, the handling is phenomenal and it's Italian. What more does anyone want......

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
+1 i've got a 2012 R and love it. Take it for a test ride you'll see how great they are, they pull from 4 to 6, then pull hard from 6 to 9 and from 9 to 12 they go nuts.

Original gearing is a little high, needs a 15 on the front, this should have been done already to the one you're looking at as well as the 2 recalls, a coolant junction and can't recall the other.

2012 comes with wheelie, launch, & traction control, 3 different power modes and a quick shifter. 2013 came with abs and a slightly bigger tank.

If it says RACE on the dash you've got the race map unlocked, which is designed to go with the akra pipe. With the baffle removed it has a nice note without being too loud and throws flames when you quick shift or back off abruptly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DcJ46zM4kw

The 2015 has an extra 20 ponnies but unless you're racing on tracks with long straights 180 from the 2012 should be enough :)

Front discs are rubbish, most replace or pull down to loosen up the buttons, otherwise they shudder under hard braking. Brembo make some nice full floating discs to fit.

Dealers can be a little sparse in the States. These guys make up for that in a big way, exceptional service and lots of stock.
AF1 Racing / Apriliaforum.com : Aprilia Performance Parts and Accessories

They sponsor a great forum, nearly as good as this one :)
2010-2016 RSV4 - All Variants

Keep us posted on what you decide.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I went out and picked up a new 2015 R APRC ABS instead of the 2012 Factory. The Ohlins was hard to pass up on the 2012, but a new 2015 with all the updates, I just couldn't pass it up. Even though I'm unable to ride it now until spring it will sit next to all my Ducati's snuggled tightly :grin2:. Now the search is on for an Austin exhaust as I'm convinced they are the best looking exhaust for that bike. Thanks for all the responses! I'll post some pictures shortly!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts