Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your local sanctioning body require case guards?

Given it's a dry clutch, I only have to deal with the water pump here in Colorado MRA.

I'm trying to figure out if there's another option than buying a Speedymoto Water Pump... I love the look, but hate the cost :(

Ideas??

·
Registered
483 Posts
water pump cover

BCM Motorsports has billet covers that go over the h20 pump existing cover they are way cheaper than the spedy housing

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mr-X...looked for the BCM Motorsports billet water pump cover but couldn't find it. Link? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
A company called Axljak makes a billet water pump cover. It's cheaper than the Speedy Moto unit. The only caveat is that if you are using race bodywork, chances are you will have to cut a hole in the fairing for the cover. Check out www.axljak.com

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke with BCM, and they are currently out of stock, and they gave me the name of Axljak.

There's two units available. One fits under the body work, the second has a hard plastic cover that requires you to cut the bodywork, but allows you to replace the plastic in the event of a crash.

·
Registered
266 Posts
no case guards required where I race for Ducs, but I have a speedymoto. Its tough, and looks nice. Also running speedymoto underbody sliders so perhaps that's why it hasn't touched down yet.

·
grand poobah
689 Posts
Not required in CCS Midwest either. I would reccomend checking with your sanctioning bodies Lead Tech, to make sure it is really required on a duc. Best wishes Brad.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, checked with our tech, said they are required.

I was able to pick up a blemished unit from SpeedyMoto for cheap. Should work out great!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Not required over here either. But in any case I have already installed a SpeedyMoto water pump cover and also just recently installed the 2 carbon covers for the side cases.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts