Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you have a picture of how it is installed.
or a picture of the instructions.

im curious as to where it fits and how it stays put in its place since there isnt a set screw to hold it.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
do you have a picture of how it is installed.
or a picture of the instructions.

im curious as to where it fits and how it stays put in its place since there isnt a set screw to hold it.
It fits in the end of the mid-pipe just before the input end of can with the drilled portion facing upstream (engine side).

Be aware that you will experience a SIGNIFICANT decrease in power. I have three of these puppies in various states of tune: one stock, one with all the holes drilled out (5/16th, I think) and one with the end cap removed. I found in my bike that last modification worked best.

Cheers,
j

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you happen to have pics?

I ask because i want to design and fabricate a baffle that is more effecient, but still will cancel some noise. The BR baffle obviously robs power. I have a few ideas in mind, and want to get to work on them right away.

Id like to have a BR to use as a starting point of how it fits.

But i dont feel like waiting. Month to get one.

Wanna sell one of yours?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone have pictures? or a copy of the instructions?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive seen the picture of the baffle. I want a pic of the install

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Ive seen the picture of the baffle. I want a pic of the install
See post #2 for install - it doesn't get any simpler than that!

Or do you want me to take my exhaust system apart to show you how to put this wiget in?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I basically wanna see what keeps it in place.

I see there is an expansion on the baffle so it cant fall downward (towards the engine), but what keeps it from movIng the opposite way (towards the muffler)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had one and gave it to my dealer in Athens ga to sell for me. But yes, the pipe is made so that it stays in place. I don't have a picture, but it slides into the mid pipe with a lip on the baffle that is the same diameter if the pipe and then the adapter pipe or mivv can goes on over both the lip and mid pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
For what it's worth, it had a weird sound to me and I am much happier with the Leo Vince mid pipe. It has much better build quality and has a deeper more refined sound. I just think the mivv sounded like it had nuts rattling in the pipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I basically wanna see what keeps it in place.

I see there is an expansion on the baffle so it cant fall downward (towards the engine), but what keeps it from movIng the opposite way (towards the muffler)
The flange on the can inlet.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well did some initial testing with the MIVV mid pipe and stock can.
problem as i see it is the baffle has to be rather short to fit in the only spot it can. (same spot as the BR baffle)

i tried one i made that is similar to to the BR baffle, it did knock down some of the noise, but power was robbed significantly.

i tried a different version where i basically just used a straight through design but the diameter was smaller for the baffle than the actual mid pipe.

effect was pretty similar, aside from noise level went up, power was still down.

there really isnt much you can do i would say that will work well.

aside from some sort of custom baffle that could be fitted to the stock can or the termi slip on.

my main goal was to try to get the termi slip on to work with the MIVV mid pipe. i really like the look of the shorty carbon termi, but i cant deal with the loudness.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
well did some initial testing with the MIVV mid pipe and stock can.
problem as i see it is the baffle has to be rather short to fit in the only spot it can. (same spot as the BR baffle)

i tried one i made that is similar to to the BR baffle, it did knock down some of the noise, but power was robbed significantly.

i tried a different version where i basically just used a straight through design but the diameter was smaller for the baffle than the actual mid pipe.

effect was pretty similar, aside from noise level went up, power was still down.

there really isnt much you can do i would say that will work well.

aside from some sort of custom baffle that could be fitted to the stock can or the termi slip on.

my main goal was to try to get the termi slip on to work with the MIVV mid pipe. i really like the look of the shorty carbon termi, but i cant deal with the loudness.
Respectfully disagree.

I kept modifying it until I got good rideabilty AND all the power back AND a suitable reduction in noise.

Power was measured by: Indicated top speed - before and after - and the ability to easily do 2nd gear roll-on wheelies and 3rd if you do it just right.

Envision the MIVV DB killer, but put in front of the can instead of the rear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts