Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just venting here in CT. Can't ride the Duc. Can't go for a bicycle ride. Can't even finish my fence in the back yard. Enough already! Guess I'll go for a ride in my H1. :) (kidding, of course.)

bruce19

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sat was OK. Did a blast down the Merritt Pkway then up RT 8. Needed to see how the new ride would behave on the highway before next weekend's trip. Then some twisties on RT 42 and RT 70. Still some runoff and gravel in the corners.

·
Registered
324 Posts
ditto here... nothing but rain.

at least the remaining sand will be cleaned off the roads.

·
Registered
40 Posts
rain

Couldn't let the rain keep me off the road. Tried out my new Spidi rain gear yesterday - about 100 miles of drizzle and about 45 - 50 degrees. Other than being careful with the right hand it was business as usual and sure beat veggin' out with Nascar or something. H20 Out gear does what it says it will.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm living on the North Shore of Boston in Beverly (MA) which is right on the coast, and my wife and I just took a ride around town and the surrounding communities. "Theah's a whole lotta fluddin' goin' on around heah!" The pumps are all in overdrive to get the water out of the low-lying areas and basements and many of the streets are blocked off by the DPW or are just plain impassable. I have a feeling the flood insurance rates are going to increase quite a bit after all this. Stay dry everyone!

Thomas

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BlueST2 said:
I'm living on the North Shore of Boston in Beverly (MA) which is right on the coast, and my wife and I just took a ride around town and the surrounding communities. "Theah's a whole lotta fluddin' goin' on around heah!" The pumps are all in overdrive to get the water out of the low-lying areas and basements and many of the streets are blocked off by the DPW or are just plain impassable. I have a feeling the flood insurance rates are going to increase quite a bit after all this. Stay dry everyone!

Thomas
News reports here in CT said that the north shore of Boston was to get 1' (one foot) of rain! Damn! (or maybe, dam.) Anyway, that's a lot of water.

bruce19

·
Registered
602 Posts
Yup, I just saw the the news report and it showed the heaviest rain traveling right over the North Shore and right up into NH. Downtown Peabody, MA is virtually under water and many of the rivers and ponds have overflowed. I also saw we just made the national news with Gov. Mitt Romney talking about the state of emergency around here. This might break the record for rainfall that was set back in 1954. I'm thinking of building an ark! :eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I Am in Manchester, Ma. There is a Brook behind the house. Now a river. I could now do a belly flop from the second floor porch. 3 ft in Basement. The back yard does not exist. Had to pull the plug OUT of my boat so it would not float to the street. Had a vespa in the basement I had to air lift out with the help of my girl. Put plywood over the doors and windows and pumped the basement down to 4". Thank god the garage is higher, the bikes are dry. Hell Its only stuff. Besides I got to practice my fly casting, no bites yet though.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Be careful, you might hook a school bus or something coming down stream. :)

bruce19

·
Registered
96 Posts
Still raining here in NE CT. No major flooding to report unlike last fall. Hopfully the rain stops I have yard work to do!!!!

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Chris748s said:
Still raining here in NE CT. No major flooding to report unlike last fall. Hopfully the rain stops I have yard work to do!!!!
I was at the end of a fence project where I had put up a dozen 4"x4"x8' fence posts and about 250' of (60") 2"x4" box wire. Down to three more posts to go and it started raining. Haven't been able to do a thing for a week. This really, really sucks.

bruce19

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Look at the bright side: at least the soil will be moist and softer now for digging...

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stick said:
Look at the bright side: at least the soil will be moist and softer now for digging...
Hey, maybe all those New England rocks will float to the surface. :)

bruce19

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rain

I can't take it, this is ridiculous! not only the rain but i'm on vacation this week and taking care of my 1 year old. Help me!

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
4valveduc said:
I can't take it, this is ridiculous! not only the rain but i'm on vacation this week and taking care of my 1 year old. Help me!
I'm surprised you can still type. I think I'd be drunk in a corner somewhere. Almost makes me feel better about my own discontent.

bruce19

·
Registered
602 Posts
4valveduc said:
I feel your pain! I've got a two year old who is just wildfire. I play Mr. Mom when the wife is working nights and the rain has not let up until today. The problem now is that most of the roads are detoured because of flooding and the potholes from the winter just got larger. So if I go missing, tell the authorities that I'm most likely at the bottom of a pothole! ;)

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, I got out on the Triumph for about 3 hrs. this afternoon. Yahoo.

bruce19

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's a Duc it loves the rain...
Seriously I've been riding the Kaw in the rain.
Don't much like the raingear thing but at least it's been cool enough not to get sweating while riding in it (breathable raingear..yeah right).
No rain at all yesterday sure was nice, but back again today.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ugh!

Still raining here and predicted again for tomorrow! Geeze, thats like six or seven days in a row! Cut me a break. I don't mind it if I'm on a trip, but ride in it for fun, just to dangerous!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts