Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regis Laconi To Ride At Magny-Cours

The tragic accident which came so close to crippling Regis Laconi at Kyalami generated a huge wave of sympathy. The Frenchman had a huge crash on his very first lap during World Superbike practice at the South African track, was knocked out and cracked his C3 and C5 vertebrae. Only surgery to insert a plate to fix the vertebrae in place prevented further injury to Laconi, and after a long and grueling rehabilitation period the Frenchman is almost back to full fitness.

To celebrate his return to rude health, Laconi will take to the track aboard his #55 DFX Ducati, and do three laps of honor at the Magny-Cours circuit at 11:15 am local time, 45 minutes before the first World Superbike race is due to start. The ceremony is meant as a gesture of thanks for the support his fans and friends inside and outside the World Superbike paddock have shown the Frenchman, and also as a sign that Laconi is determined to make his way back into racing.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Despite him being French, Regis is one of my favorite and I wish him well.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly these guys try to get back in it. I seriously question the wisdom of doing so, but it is amazing nonetheless.

Watching one of the Blue-rays that Christian lent me, I was shocked by Nicky Hayden racing in the Japan MotoGP 2 weeks after breaking his collar bone and getting a Ti plate every bit as large as mine. Freakin' unbelievable. It's been 2 weeks for me and I have trouble merely getting up out of the chair.

Motorcycle racers might not be the sharpest knives in the draw, but they are tough.

Go Regis!

·
Registered
605 Posts
A lot of it depends on the doctor as well. I had two clavicle surgeries, one here in NJ where I was in a sling for two weeks, and one in Houston by Mark Sanders where I was doing rehab exercises over my head the next day. Had it done on a 3 day solo trip. After a few weeks the Hyper was no problem, off road is another matter. Your situation is different though as you also broke your scapula and had a floating shoulder. Just rehab as soon and as hard as your doc will allow, good luck.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Tough was Ryan Hughes breaking his jaw in 2 places in the opening qualifying heat at Charlotte Supercross. Remounting for the LCQ, making the main and finishing.

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Tough was Ryan Hughes breaking his jaw in 2 places in the opening qualifying heat at Charlotte Supercross. Remounting for the LCQ, making the main and finishing.
Holy shit, now that's one tough bastard.....I imagine meds may have been helpfull, but strewth that is amazing internal fortitude to do that....:eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts