Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

this one is for the french basterd cassos ...

1K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Warp Racer 
#1 ·
Regis Laconi To Ride At Magny-Cours

The tragic accident which came so close to crippling Regis Laconi at Kyalami generated a huge wave of sympathy. The Frenchman had a huge crash on his very first lap during World Superbike practice at the South African track, was knocked out and cracked his C3 and C5 vertebrae. Only surgery to insert a plate to fix the vertebrae in place prevented further injury to Laconi, and after a long and grueling rehabilitation period the Frenchman is almost back to full fitness.

To celebrate his return to rude health, Laconi will take to the track aboard his #55 DFX Ducati, and do three laps of honor at the Magny-Cours circuit at 11:15 am local time, 45 minutes before the first World Superbike race is due to start. The ceremony is meant as a gesture of thanks for the support his fans and friends inside and outside the World Superbike paddock have shown the Frenchman, and also as a sign that Laconi is determined to make his way back into racing.

#4 ·
Despite him being French, Regis is one of my favorite and I wish him well.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly these guys try to get back in it. I seriously question the wisdom of doing so, but it is amazing nonetheless.

Watching one of the Blue-rays that Christian lent me, I was shocked by Nicky Hayden racing in the Japan MotoGP 2 weeks after breaking his collar bone and getting a Ti plate every bit as large as mine. Freakin' unbelievable. It's been 2 weeks for me and I have trouble merely getting up out of the chair.

Motorcycle racers might not be the sharpest knives in the draw, but they are tough.

Go Regis!

#5 ·
A lot of it depends on the doctor as well. I had two clavicle surgeries, one here in NJ where I was in a sling for two weeks, and one in Houston by Mark Sanders where I was doing rehab exercises over my head the next day. Had it done on a 3 day solo trip. After a few weeks the Hyper was no problem, off road is another matter. Your situation is different though as you also broke your scapula and had a floating shoulder. Just rehab as soon and as hard as your doc will allow, good luck.

#6 ·
Tough was Ryan Hughes breaking his jaw in 2 places in the opening qualifying heat at Charlotte Supercross. Remounting for the LCQ, making the main and finishing.

#7 ·
Holy shit, now that's one tough bastard.....I imagine meds may have been helpfull, but strewth that is amazing internal fortitude to do that....:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.