Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes the big spring time BUGS

My helmet and leathers look just the same,gota love Nor*Cal BUGS.

Laters
Nutt

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
What are you talking about? That's the cleanest Ducati I've ever seen! ;)

It took me 3 hours to chisel the bugs off my ST4s on Sunday afternoon. Mind you, it's probably the first time I washed it since last Autumn! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turbo said:
What are you talking about? That's the cleanest Ducati I've ever seen! ;)

It took me 3 hours to chisel the bugs off my ST4s on Sunday afternoon. Mind you, it's probably the first time I washed it since last Autumn! :rolleyes:
Autumn!!!! That was the last time I cleaned the GS.....You are talking Autumn of 04????

Its been every other ride for washing the duc,not this time. If you let the bugs guts dry, it can kill your paint :( .

Laters
Nutt

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
ducnutt said:
Its been every other ride for washing the duc,not this time. If you let the bugs guts dry, it can kill your paint :( .

Laters
Nutt
Yep, tell me about it! My beautiful red ST4s lost it's shine a while back. After 48,000 miles touring in 3 years, I've got to the point where I don't care too much about the appearance of old faithful any more. I just make sure she's mechanically sound. I plan to get well over 100,000 miles out of my ST before I get another Ducati! :D

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
You want bugs!? OK, here's a bug!...

I stopped to take a leak last Summer, put my helmet on my tank bag and when I got back, that thing had taken up residence on the visor!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I use a cleaner spray after every ride

It's in a gray and blue can "motorsports" maybe, I buy it for around 6 bucks and it does a fantastic job, its quick and doesn't take much, shines up nicely, and doesn't streak. I've tried S100 and others but they take too much rubbing and leave behind a heavy residue if you don't rub it off. this stuff doesn't leave anything on rubber or plastic in fact you can clean everything with it. It's great stuff. If anyone is interested drop me a line and I'll try and take a pic of the can, BTW Plexius work very well too.

I left bugs sit on my Suzuki forks for too long and the clearcoat deteriorated and the forks oxidized. Yuck! Never again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
So that's what they look like before they hit, maybe he was there to talk some things out. :)

Turbo said:

I stopped to take a leak last Summer, put my helmet on my tank bag and when I got back, that thing had taken up residence on the visor!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Turbo said:

Man,you could eat that thing for lunch and be full!!!!

48,000 miles,I like to hear that. I hope I get that much out of my Duc.

In 4 years I put 49,000 on my GS-A. This summer I am planing A west coast to east coast ride. I am going to pick up Rt50 in Sacramento take it all the way till it ends in Ocean city MD. from MD I am going to double back to OH for a week or so. From OH I am going down to FL for a few days. After that I am going to make my way over to TX. After a few days in TX, I am going up to MO,and yes that will be for a few days also. And then HOME,back to CALI. I hope by the end of summer to have over 60,000 miles on my GS-A.

Laters
Nutt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts