Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
The bike does look amazing.
Much smarter motorcycle minds than mine haven't mentioned it, so it musn't be an issue, but....., my eyes are immediately drawn to the exhaust system. It looks so low slung all I can picture is a lot of grinding and limited lean capabilities.
Like I said, it musn't be an issue, but I just had to bring it up!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Sick home fab aluminum frame. Love it. Did you ever get a weight on just the frame? Taking orders?
Not making any more, although it's simple enough I just don't have the time..... But I have a 4 valve project I want to do so if a corse motor comes up then I'll do another. The weight is just under 6kg but it now has the front subframe welded to the headstock so I'm happy with that. The pipes I don't think will be a issue, I've lent it over and the pegs hit first in a static scenario but once loaded in a corner???

A fellow Aussie guy asked me if I sell them as well but I'm gonna help build his own if he goes down that track, I still have the bend templates and billet galore to make another so there may be another floating around soon.

Cheers
Shane

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
nearly there

Wiiring all finished, interesting challange with a all alloy frame with respects to earthing.

i reckon 2 more solid days and the thing will be signed off

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I realised that the engine didn't have resistor plugs in it so i didn't want to fry my ignitech so what a pain in the ass it was to change the vert cylinder plug. There is a gusset smack bang in the way... and of course my mobile engine stand was at the other workshop. got a few looks rollin down the hwy from keen eyes bikers but if they only knew it was all just to change 1 spark plug!!

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
its alive

first run - YouTube

took it to philip island yesterday for its first run. Had a few teething problems but that was to be expected so I made my way down the shoot to turn 1. 1st and 2nd are pointless as it just wheel stands if you even think about using the gas. I tip into southern loop and it just goes where you point it...I had to stand it up again the first time as I cut the corner too much...the thing is on rails!!

Anyway it turns out its deadly lean so I will have to fab an air box for it as the horiz trumpet is getting turbulent air down it throat but this thing has huge potential. The ten kate wsbk team were there and they even had a sticky beak and if i could of charged a photo fee i would have enough to build another.

This vid is first startup at my workshop

·
Registered
712 Posts
That is one sweet looking motorbike!!

I hope it's as light as it looks :)

Do you know how many pony's you get from the engine?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
That is one sweet looking motorbike!!

I hope it's as light as it looks :)

Do you know how many pony's you get from the engine?
Thanks mate. It's lighter then it looks! I can easily take it on and off the trailer on my lonesome with out the ramp. Once I build the air box I'll venture to the dyno. I reckon it will crack the ton at the wheels, it's only a 900 as well.

·
Registered
283 Posts
single front rotor

did you ever consider going to a single front rotor to save weight?
There is one guy around here who did this. But we run only in the mountains. I guess braking requirements on circuit will be more demanding.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
did you ever consider going to a single front rotor to save weight?
There is one guy around here who did this. But we run only in the mountains. I guess braking requirements on circuit will be more demanding.
I originally ordered the cmc rotors so this offset the weight of twin discs so never considered the single rotor. The forks are Honda and wheels are Ducati so I had to get 15 mm offset/ 6 bolt which are 748r std and these bolted straigh on but after 16 weeks waiting for 748r cmc rotors I gave up and got iron ones...... Saying that I borrowed my mates buell with a single rotor and did 2 sessions around Philip island and it was pretty good on the brakes a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Awesome build Shane. When and where will it be on track next (Broadford or Phillip Island)? I'd love to see and hear it run...
Greg.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Awesome build Shane. When and where will it be on track next (Broadford or Phillip Island)? I'd love to see and hear it run...
Greg.
Gday Greg.
I reckon i might go to broardford next. I need to make a air box so i reckon that will take a couple of weeks now im back at work then i might hit the dyno. I'll go to a MA practice day up there but i'll drop you a line before i get there...or alternativly the bike lives in a man cave in hawthorn so when im down next you can swing by and we can fire it up and do laps up and down the back lane....either way i'll keep you posted
cheers
Shane

P.S.

The sound is out of this world, firing it up in the pits at philip island nearly stopped the joint dead!! well worth hearing

·
Registered
60 Posts
Fug yeah, PM me when you get back, I live just down the road. Cheers Greg.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Fug yeah, PM me when you get back, I live just down the road. Cheers Greg.
No worries. There is another good bloke called Adam who is also coming over to check it out. Looks like a mini forum meeting in hawthorn in a fortnights time. Had better stock the fridge.

41 - 60 of 178 Posts