Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems things have been quite slow here lately. I know our bikes are getting over 10 years old, so I thought I would post a couple of pics of my Paul Smart. I haven't been able to ride much for the past couple of years due to wife being pregnant last year and raising a baby girl. Looks like it will be next year before I get back to regular action. I had purchased a 916 fender and put it on my 1000s and liked it so much that I thought I would try one on my PS. I bought it over a year ago for $15 and unlike the red one on my other bike, this one I had to paint to match the silver flake. It took over 6 months before I got it back from the paint shop. I finally had a chance to put it on last night to see how I like it. I've still got a carbon-fiber rear hugger, new chain and front and rear sprockets to put on as soon as I have the time. Maybe in 2018.....

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Absolutely! I don't own one, but I love these bikes! There is just something special about a fuel injected, air cooled, performance bike. The Ducati style is just the icing on the cake. Take care of these beauties! There probably won't ever be another model like them, though the Scramblers give me hope of a future for air cooled Ducatis.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Took mine to the AMA Museum bike night a few weeks ago. The sun glare makes the aluminum look almost white. Everybody stands around trying to figure out what it is. :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I'm challenged. Every time I try to put pictures up I find that I am not allowed because the pic is too big, too...something, and I just quit.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Took mine to the AMA Museum bike night a few weeks ago. The sun glare makes the aluminum look almost white. Everybody stands around trying to figure out what it is. :)

Great looking bike! Also like to see a pic without the sun glare. I have the same wheels, they look great on your ride.

·
Registered
706 Posts
It's really hard to get a good picture with the contrast between the blacked out motor and the bright aluminum. :nerd:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm challenged. Every time I try to put pictures up I find that I am not allowed because the pic is too big, too...something, and I just quit.
Just use an online editor and resize the picture to something like 995px with "constrain proportions" selected. Most forums do this manually, but maybe this one doesn't.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This one most definitely does not. I have an issue where if the image is too large, despite saying 'Thumbnails' they aren't shown. I've been resizing my images appropriately but even at 600px sizes, they aren't inline. They're listed as thumbnails. It makes it difficult to post a decent write-up with step by step pictures if they're just all listed at the bottom. Not sure if it's a per profile setting, or an issue with the forum software.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
This one most definitely does not. I have an issue where if the image is too large, despite saying 'Thumbnails' they aren't shown. I've been resizing my images appropriately but even at 600px sizes, they aren't inline. They're listed as thumbnails. It makes it difficult to post a decent write-up with step by step pictures if they're just all listed at the bottom. Not sure if it's a per profile setting, or an issue with the forum software.
I think what you're talking about having pictures inside of the write-up, you will need to have them hosted somewhere where you can put the url in and they will post inside your write-up. When you just attach them using the attachment tool, they just post at the bottom as you say. Use the "Insert image" and put the url of the picture in which you want to use in the space.

As opposed to this picture using the Attachments. I think this is what you are referring to.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ah, perfect. I did not realize I could use imgur or similar to post inline.
Sometimes, I'm my own hurdle. Ha. Thanks motoFiend!

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
motoFiend said:
.... I had purchased a 916 fender and put it on my 1000s and liked it so much that I thought I would try one on my PS. I bought it over a year ago for $15 and unlike the red one on my other bike, this one I had to paint to match the silver flake. It took over 6 months before I got it back from the paint shop. I finally had a chance to put it on last night to see how I like it .....
I've gone the same route with my MH900e (the Mother of all SportClassics, says PT himself) to protect the lower end of the fork. I think it looks very acceptable. Both on the Paul Smart bike as on the Mike Hailwood bike:

And a bonus picture of the MH900e with DP-CF body work and my -long gone- Sport1000

Attachments

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've gone the same route with my MH900e (the Mother of all SportClassics, says PT himself) to protect the lower end of the fork. I think it looks very acceptable. Both on the Paul Smart bike as on the Mike Hailwood bike:
It does look good on your MH900e. Would like to see the whole bike with it on as well. I also like the fact that it protects the lower fork tube. It also just adds a little more color up front to the bike. Here is my 1000s with the 916 fender, crappy picture but it was all I could find.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts