Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here I am. Been riding an Aprilia RSVR 1000 for about 9 months now. And honetly I love it. But then again I hate it. this is why.

So living in San Diego I try to commute as much as I can on 2 wheels. And at times I am doing up to 1000 miles a week. That includes joy rides. And with that type of milage the aggresive position of the Ape kills me. I also try to commute rain or shine, hot or cold. So layering up in the wet and cold proves to be annoying when chrouched over. Also I usually will have a stuffed back pack which sucks as well on the supersport.

So basically here I am. Being torne from my one love all over comfort. I did do a demo of the Hyper and loved ever second of it. Even at speed on the interstate the wind wasnt an issue. It actually felt nice having the cool breeze.

So from you Hyper owners what do you think.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think you already made up your mind, you just need acknowlegement :) ...
The bike is a fun one to ride and it would be easier on you back without loosing the fun factor...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you already made up your mind, you just need acknowlegement :) ...
The bike is a fun one to ride and it would be easier on you back without loosing the fun factor...
Hahah you know after re reading my post a while ago I thought the same thing. I am just hoping that if I do make the switch I dont regret anything. I mean besides the loss in power what esle will I be missing out on?

1 Sore Arse
2 Sore Knees
3 Sore Back
4 Wind Protection
5 .......?

I wish I could keep em both, nut I dont think the wife would go for that

·
Registered
670 Posts
well where I come from I'll be asking my bike if I can keep both wifes... :D .
( I hope my wife does not see this thread or I'll be sleeping in the garage with the bike....on top of me!) :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I switched from the RC51 to the Hyper and never looked back! I kept the RC as a track bike though!

·
Registered
1 Posts
RSV to Hyper

I also had the RSV 1000 and loved the bike. I put over 3,000 miles on it in the year that I owned it. I sold it for $9,000. However, we all know that the riding position sucks. Around town, there is no comparison. Hopping on the hyper and jamming around is EASY and a lot more fun. I haven't been on a longer ride yet or any good mountain roads but I'm guessing it to be better there also. I only have 120 miles on the hyper. I just bought an 08 (new) for $12k OTD.

The craftsmanship and quality as well HP is all in favor of the aprilia RSV. The hyper does not have all of the cool drilled out alum pieces, is not as fast and is heavier---and costs more!!! But the bottom line is that it's a funner bike to ride and is plenty fast. Better for riding two people also.

I ride dirt bikes and mountain bikes so the fit is much better for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts