Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thinking of selling my pretty much new 950SP. I need bike that will not beat me up on longer highway trips..... and I dont think I can afford keeping 950SP and buying a Multi V4S...

What can I expect to get out of it. We all know how much they are new. And I did drop good coin on upgrades and thats on me LOL. I can always take them off or include them I guess.

Bike recently had 600 mile service done at Ducati Dealership as well as issue with intermittent stalling addressed. (TB Cleaned and Fuel Tank replaced)
Bike is still under full factory warranty until Nov 2022.

Less than month old upgrades:

SC Project - S1 Titanium/CF Slipons
Arrow De-Cat
T800 UpMap with Proper Map Tune
Evotech Tail Tidy
Evotech Full set of Guards - Radiator/Engine/Oil Cooler
Evotech Frame and Fork Sliders

Bike is in like new condition.

I am in Seattle area if that makes difference in pricing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
You're going to take a bath on it.

In this market, you may be able to get 14.5 if you're lucky. Sorry bud. I would list it for sale privately and see what you can get. Given the weird market, a dealer may be able to eek out a few extra dollars on consignment but then you have to factor in their fee.

·
Registered
81 Posts
OP, here's my feedback from a buyer's perspective (I've been in the market for about 2-3 months now). I rented a HM950SP last year using www.riders-share.com because that was the only way for me to try one without buying one. At that time, I was just testing waters.

2-3 months ago, I decided to make the jump and buy the bike but I was hesitant because of the "used" market with the huge increase of demand and low supply. But, I still wanted to try.

Searching facebook market, I found the bike that I rented for sale (See bike here). The gentleman had it up for $15.5k with about 2,800 miles. The only thing done to the bike is the Termignoni dual pipe slip on. I rented the bike again to make sure that I wanted the bike. He said he will lower the price to $15k with the pipes or $14.5k without the pipes. As much as I wanted to, I waited and still waiting. He has now dropped the price to $14k as is. I've been contemplating about offering him $12k as is and he's got himself a deal.

Another HM950SP popped up on cycletrader the other day which caught my eye (See bike here). This one has a bit less miles but way more mods. When I originally saw the ad, his asking price was $15,8k. After I stopped by and looked at the bike, he said he'll drop $300 off asking price since it needs tires. I told him I would get back to him, this was 2 days ago. Ideally, I would like to offer him $13.5k since it has a few mods that I would do myself on the bike and is ready to go. However, he is the type that won't budge.

What I have noticed is that the market for Hypermotards are a hit or miss. With how the market is going, I thought these bikes would of sold in a heartbeat, but that's not the case. I guess this type of bike only fits a certain demographic. The bike I rented is still for sale after 3 months, which is surprising. All other bikes that I have considered (another CBR1000RR or S1000RR) that I have saw in person sold within weeks. This plays to my advantage as I would like to get a HM950SP for around the $12k price range. I am going to keep holding off until either of those bikes drop in price, which I think it will. The bike on cycletrader is still freshly advertise, but I think the owner will realize that it's a rough market and hopefully drop the price down. But, we will see.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup. That is fair. Those are 2019s with miles, no warranty, ride shared.... yes. I guess they do vary in price widely.
I am thinking that in my case 14-14.5 without exhaust would be pretty reasonable... I guess I just have to try.

·
Registered
2017 Ducati Multistrada 950, 2018 Desert Sled, 2008 VFR800
434 Posts
I think they have been making low offers. Two of my buddies went in and neither was impressed with the offer to trade in for the MTS V4. However , back in March, they offered me $10.5k (we'll cover the note) for my 2017 MTS950, and said to wait for the demo to discount 2K off and a free pair of Boots. I think they just wanted to get the V4's sold. As things are changing so fast, I'm not sure what the status quo is with respect to the economy and I think they may be concerned as well. Hence the lower offers.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Perhaps a 1260 Multi would be in order? and a great deal cheaper than the Multi V4. Then maybe you could have both? :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Congrats, glad you got a deal worked out!
If you decide to post the parts up for sale, interested in some of the parts!

don’t forget to post pictures of the new ride!
950SP traded last monday and New Multi V4S is home. I posted all my pretty much new Hyper mods in our Classifieds Section if anyone interested.

Edit: 950SP is back in my garage and Multi V4S is back to dealer. Deal is off.

(short story is Multi ended up being a Engine Recall Bike and I specifically ask dealer that I Did not want the bike with replaced engine and was told it is not. Its unfortunate and there was a mix up in communication apparently between service and sales and sales didn't know that the bike just went through engine replacement. Any way. I did not want the unit that was taken apart and re assembled. Dealership handled it Amazingly well and I still have full trust in them, They offered to make it right with new bike, but my heart in not in that place yet. So Hyper is Back in my garage.)

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts