Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 2007 ST3 in my area that I'm thinking of making an offer on. Any advice on what I should look for, in terms of common service issues with these bikes?

·
Registered
‘07 ST3s
406 Posts
look for service history from seller ..... then you can go from there , all service interval info is on here .... you can also look bike over for obvious damage and non original parts ..... check tires , brakes , cables , chain , sprockets , coolant , hyd. reservoirs , electrical functions , lights , paint , etc..... like any other bike other than the belts and valves , why you need service history with invoices ....
Craig

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is a 2007 ST3 in my area that I'm thinking of making an offer on. Any advice on what I should look for, in terms of common service issues with these bikes?
I'd say a maintenance history first and foremost. After that expendables like tires, sprockets, chain mileage and general condition. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Check for cracks or repairs on rear engine mount casing, certain years were vulnerable. I think 2007 is OK, but look anyway.
Does it have an adjustable ride height rod? Ohlins suspension or not? Does it have the RED KEY ?

Craig

·
Registered
494 Posts
I've owned mine for about five years. Generally, it's the little things that will drive you nuts. Switches are my latest issue. Right now the clutch micro switch appears to be not doing as it should
Is it an S model? My ABS light will come on after 20 or 30 minutes. I still have brakes, but no ABS. If it's an S model, I'd suggest a long test ride. The ABS is repairable, but expensive to replace.
It's my understanding black body parts are now unobtanium. Only red is available.
The lower exhaust valve is a royal pain to adjust because of its location and the helper spring.
I've had only two fail to start issues. The starter switch was bad and I once screwed up on a belt installation.
I often think about getting rid of mine and getting something much newer, but if I want a Ducati, then, for many reasons, this is it. Nothing else quite covers all the things I want or like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts