Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was thinking of heading over to a local chopper chop to see if someone there had the skills to convert my stock exhaust system into a 2-1 system. By doing so, I can put on 1 Termi muffler that I picked up from a junk yard.

Do any of you see any issues with this? At first I will use stock can to do this, then pick up a DP ECU and put the Termi muffler on.

Will I be altering the air flow, performance, integrity, etc..?

You comments or concerns are appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
hard to say how it will work out... the gt headers are double-walled to keep from blueing so quickly and the termi headers aren't - i don't know if this means the actual inner diameter is smaller on the gt or if it's the same as the sport headers... i think the 2-1 is set up with matched headers - again, you need to verify - which may make a difference when you make a custom setup.

exhaust systems are a little bit tricky as a tuned system works with a lot of factors and it isn't always as simple as just the cans. i had a custom system built which uses larger diameter headers and straight thru cans and have a dp ecu and dual-mapped pcIII and beast intakes. while the bike runs great and i'm happy with it, it doesn't put out the numbers that i've seen with off-the-shelf termi kits. i was surprised by this as i thought i'd easily meet or beat the stock setup...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh boy this is not going to be easy I guess...

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
hard to say how it will work out... the gt headers are double-walled to keep from blueing so quickly and the termi headers aren't - i don't know if this means the actual inner diameter is smaller on the gt or if it's the same as the sport headers... i think the 2-1 is set up with matched headers - again, you need to verify - which may make a difference when you make a custom setup.

exhaust systems are a little bit tricky as a tuned system works with a lot of factors and it isn't always as simple as just the cans. i had a custom system built which uses larger diameter headers and straight thru cans and have a dp ecu and dual-mapped pcIII and beast intakes. while the bike runs great and i'm happy with it, it doesn't put out the numbers that i've seen with off-the-shelf termi kits. i was surprised by this as i thought i'd easily meet or beat the stock setup...
do you have your dyno graph? would be interested to see what the TPO beast does for you...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts