Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm thinking about upgrading my forks on my MH900E, what other bike applications fit a MH900E? I read somewhere Monsters use the same forks? If so what years monster and model should I search for?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Ohlins has made a series especially for the MH900e; earlier this year, they did another (small) batch. Get in touch with Dan Kyle for more info / availability.

Some owners have modified the Ohlins forks for the SportClassics (Sport / Smart); "all" that was needed were extension pieces for the top.

If I recall things correctly, it's the adjustable Showa's found on the (some) ST and SS models can be used on the Hailwood.

It's a shame that John Clelland lost the server that hosted the Hailwood Owners Club website. Much excellent information has been lost.

You might want to get in touch with Chris Kelly, owner / founder os CA-Cycleworks. Chris is very knowledgeable about the MHe and has modified and adapted suspension from other bikes to work on the Hailwood.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Good luck,

RonB

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohlins has made a series especially for the MH900e; earlier this year, they did another (small) batch. Get in touch with Dan Kyle for more info / availability.

Some owners have modified the Ohlins forks for the SportClassics (Sport / Smart); "all" that was needed were extension pieces for the top.

If I recall things correctly, it's the adjustable Showa's found on the (some) ST and SS models can be used on the Hailwood.

It's a shame that John Clelland lost the server that hosted the Hailwood Owners Club website. Much excellent information has been lost.

You might want to get in touch with Chris Kelly, owner / founder os CA-Cycleworks. Chris is very knowledgeable about the MHe and has modified and adapted suspension from other bikes to work on the Hailwood.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Good luck,

RonB
Ron,

Thanks for the info. I have seen really good deals on adjustable Showas that were from Monsters and just wanted to know if they would work. I'll try and do more research.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts