Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is 2-up on a monster comfy for a passenger who is 5'2" less than 100lbs? Thinking about a used monster for street only - any particular models I should be looking at? I'd like to spend 2-3k if possible. My 998 just isn't comfy and I'm tired of swapping back and forth from street/track trim.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The short answer is, NO. I just sold my M750 because it wasn't really meant for 2-up riding. I bought an ST2 instead, which is much more comfortable. My Monster was a 2000 with 20k miles and it went for just under $4k, so you may have some trouble locating one for $2-3k. Even a small passenger will be uncomfortable after an hour.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The short answer is, NO. I just sold my M750 because it wasn't really meant for 2-up riding. I bought an ST2 instead, which is much more comfortable. My Monster was a 2000 with 20k miles and it went for just under $4k, so you may have some trouble locating one for $2-3k. Even a small passenger will be uncomfortable after an hour.
+1

Either an ST or Multistrada would be much better two up than a monster. (we've had all three at one time or another)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Plus another for the ST

The Monster passenger spot slopes away from the front of the bike - not comfortable for more than 45 minutes - I've heard that Corbin makes a good seat for 2-up as an aftermarket - that is if you're dead set on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts