Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like what the what MS 1000 has to offer and wanted feedback from people who own them. My past bikes have been 89 GPZ 550, 99 VFR800 and currently a S3 1050. I want a bike that I can take everywhere in comfort in still have some fun in getting there. I really my S3, but one more ticket and my DL is pulled for awile. How reliable is the MS, performance and other thing you found out about the bike after owning one for awile. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I like the upright seating position, long travel suspension, ect. I have the hard bags and enjoy the versitility. lots of curvey roads where I live and most have bumpy pavement that makes me glad for the extra travel. I've done lots of miles on dirt and gravel roads. I don't mis the KLR 650 I had a while back at all. I don't ride crazy fast, but love the twisties with this bike. for me the combination of dirt bike/standard riding position and sport bike suspension and tires is a great combination.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I love my MTS. You will however get your DL pulled just as quick on this too.

You will need about a month to adapt to the DS1000 power curve when compared to your Speed3. I came over to the darkside after many years on a Triumph triple but once settled in I really enjoy it.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Ditto what jbcaddy, and dartfrog said. I don't find myself going as fast overall as when I ride my 749s but I get to the good riding in much better shape. The front wheel gets light easy in first gear so be careful or the DL will getting away too.

I've really like mine that I'll be selling the 749s (I've been saying that for a year to the wife :) but this time I really mean it). It's the most versatile Ducati.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just purchased a Multi 1000 last month and love it. Like others have said, the seating position and the long travel suspension are great. The handling, both slow speed and fast, is fantastic. I owned an ST3 prior to this (totalled in a towing accident) and curves that felt relatively sharp on the ST3 feel like nothing on the Multi. I'm not an aggressive rider by any means but this bike makes me feel like Superman :)

I had to really talk myself into getting this bike due to its... shall we say unique looks, but man am I glad I decided to go for it. This is my third Ducati (M620 and ST3 prior) and definitely my favorite.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Strada

From the rear I really like the way bike looks, but the front is rather bland. I can live with the looks as long as I'm getting a fun, reliable and overall capable bike. Thanks everybody who has responded, your input has been helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dorchester,

Like you I'm in the stage of collecting the facts to make an "educated" decision. There is a specific forum on the Multi and it has everything (and more) that you ever wanted or needed to know. Check it out at www.multistrade.net and sign up.

Charlie

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cwentzel said:
Dorchester,

Like you I'm in the stage of collecting the facts to make an "educated" decision. There is a specific forum on the Multi and it has everything (and more) that you ever wanted or needed to know. Check it out at www.multistrade.net and sign up.

Charlie
Just to correct the link a bit www.multistrada.net

:)

Cheers,

Doc

·
Registered
17 Posts
if u do buy the multi u will love it ! u feel like u can do any thing on it the handling is truly amazing :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts