Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I'd like to get a pair of Barkbusters on my 13 Multi. I am currently using the CRG Arrow mirros and I'd like to keep them. Do you think I can use them together somehow by using the CRG piece as a spacer instead of the Barkbuster bar end?

Or.....?

Thoughts are appreciated!

·
Registered
982 Posts
So, I'd like to get a pair of Barkbusters on my 13 Multi. I am currently using the CRG Arrow mirros and I'd like to keep them. Do you think I can use them together somehow by using the CRG piece as a spacer instead of the Barkbuster bar end?

Or.....?

Thoughts are appreciated!
You can. I have. NO pictures of it, unfortunately.

You will need to snag a pair of the CRG bar-end adapters and bore out the hole big enough to fit the Barkbuster screw. https://smile.amazon.com/CRG-Internal-Mirror-Adapter/dp/B000K7JD92/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1466809530&sr=8-1&keywords=crg+bar+end+adapter

You'll also need to cut off the pointy portion. I used a Dremel too cut it off and a hand drill with a vise to bore out the inner hole diameter.

Ultimately, I didn't keep this set-up. I prefer to OEM mirrors; they're just too damn good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thanks! I was hoping it would work out. Looks like I'll be drillin! ?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Where there's a will there's a way.

You will have to use your imagination, but you can make it work. I wound up reversing the bar end weights and needed to add washers for spacers on the clutch side. The brake side was easier. No doubt it's a tight fit, and I found myself occasionally speaking in tongues during the trial and error phase, but it came out good enough for me. Not perfect, but neither am I, so ...

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for posting the
Pics Damascus!! I pulled the stock mirrors and found quite a bit less wind roar without them. Because of that I'll prob keep them off so I'm about to get creative on a bark buster bar end boar out for fit.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
> Anytime. Yeah, the CRGs are unreal. They are the single clearest/least vibrating mirrors I've ever owned. One of those products that truly lives up to its name.

> In other news ... recently took a 4 hour or so trip up to Lake Tahoe and road around there for a few days. I didn't buy it for this reason, but that bike always draws a crowd and compliments. Just changed the oil, brake and clutch fluid, and it's running like a top. The love is back. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man is that true how a few hours in the saddle will renew the affair. Great motorcycle. After a new screen and the bar end mirrors it's about as right as it could be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts