Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the pump looking thing located between the throttle bodies on the sc?

It has 2 pipes that goes to each throttle body and one hose that goes to the airbox.

Im guessing that is has soemthing to do with the idle since theese bikes doesnt have the manual "choke" as the st4 and other bikes.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Yep, stepper motor for idle control. It controls air flow to the throttle body air bypass circuits, and then the ECU adds fuel in proprtion to the amount of additional airflow.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i thoght.

Any ide if the ecu or computor gets messed up if i remove it.
Im gonna fit other throttle bodies on my bike.
Is there any chance to incorporate this stepper motor on my new throttle bodies you think, and keeping the idle etc.
Im gonna look in to it when im at the garage tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
No direct experience with it myself, but Brad Black has messed around with ECUs that don't use the stepper motor on the Sport 1000. That information is near the end of this report.

http://www.bikeboy.org/sport1000zard.html

Might be helpful. Sounds like you can get by without it. Not sure if different TBs would have the ports to connect the hoses from the stepper motor to the air bypass circuits. I really don't know how the plumbing works. I thought that airbleeds normally get their air from a port just upstream of the butterflies somewhere, so that wouldn't be accessible on TBs that weren't designed to have the stepper motor idle control. But I am just guessing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts