Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

A friend of mine might sell me his 2007 Ducat Sport Classic. I love ducati's but they just weren't on my radar until he mentioned something. Now I can't stop dreaming of it. This weekend, I'm going to take a look at it.

What should I be looking out for, since I'm not too familiar with Ducati's in general, and the Sport Classic specifically. He has around 25k miles on it, which concerns me. It was dropped, though only scratches to the exhaust. Everything else is stock.

I know there is the bubble tank issue. But what else?

I apologize if there was another thread. I tried to search but did not see one.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The tank is your #1 concern. Ideally it was replaced and the new one was coated internally before having gas in it.

If it's got a good service history (records of scheduled services), you should be gtg.

6,048 Posts
Is you friend on this forum?
If he is in LA I may know him
email me
[email protected]

Hey,

A friend of mine might sell me his 2007 Ducat Sport Classic. I love ducati's but they just weren't on my radar until he mentioned something. Now I can't stop dreaming of it. This weekend, I'm going to take a look at it.

What should I be looking out for, since I'm not too familiar with Ducati's in general, and the Sport Classic specifically. He has around 25k miles on it, which concerns me. It was dropped, though only scratches to the exhaust. Everything else is stock.

I apologize if there was another thread. I tried to search but did not see one.

·
Registered
869 Posts

If he has serviced it regularly, changed the oil, belts and checked the valves. I wouldn't worry too much about the miles. JC can probably help you with some termi's if you want to replace the scratched up exhaust. What is he asking for the bike, if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine had been dropped or otherwise somehow damaged by the previous owner. JC pointed out to me that due to my fork stop being bent and showing a tiny line of rust hinting at a fracture, the insurance company may classify it as salvage.

So the fact that it's been dropped means you should definitely look at those fork stops for any warping from the impact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts