Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...999S...thing runs nice and cool at highway speeds, about 80 degrees celcius. I get slowed down and into traffic and the temp gage sky rockets to well over 100 like really fast. The coolant level looks normal so I am a little miffed....any ideas on things I should check or look at to problem solve ?

Cheers

·
luvmyduke
220 Posts
If it stablizes below about 105 Celcius with both fans on in traffic, then it is normal, in my experience. They are definitely designed to be on highways.

Okay...999S...thing runs nice and cool at highway speeds, about 80 degrees celcius. I get slowed down and into traffic and the temp gage sky rockets to well over 100 like really fast. The coolant level looks normal so I am a little miffed....any ideas on things I should check or look at to problem solve ?

Cheers

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Idea....

How about a shot water pump ?...moving there is enough air flow to cool the bike like an air cooled bike. Once not moving, no air flow...with no fluid running through the rad the heat skyrockets. Anyone know how to test a water pump ?

·
Banned
11,256 Posts

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
fwiw mine runs at 70 celcius on an avg day,74 on a hot day.and spikes up to 100 if caught for 2 lights or so on a warm day.i'm thinking you may be a little lean

·
luvmyduke
220 Posts
ditto, maybe + 2 degrees from these figures

fwiw mine runs at 70 celcius on an avg day,74 on a hot day.and spikes up to 100 if caught for 2 lights or so on a warm day.i'm thinking you may be a little lean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts