Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
hacking also

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Maybe he should go take a lap at the Isle of Man........:D

·
Registered
334 Posts
Matt is retired and Hacking won't have a ride next year, so does it really matter?

Yes it matters!!! Trust me; I’m not a big fan of AMA anymore due to DMG and all there bullshit rules, but American road racing is done!!!! O.K. a lot of riders did see this coming EBOZ, and Spies jumped ship last year, now Mladin and Hacking???? If Ben Bostrom goes next, Sorry my friend AMA will be done too!!!!!!

It is a real same, that in the biggest superbike market, that the road racing series can be so bad, British Superbike runs very few track, but it still turns out massive fan support, do to the great races they have, but AMA is not even close to BSB, or WSBK now.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Yes it matters!!! Trust me; I’m not a big fan of AMA anymore due to DMG and all there bullshit rules, but American road racing is done!!!! O.K. a lot of riders did see this coming EBOZ, and Spies jumped ship last year, now Mladin and Hacking???? If Ben Bostrom goes next, Sorry my friend AMA will be done too!!!!!!

It is a real same, that in the biggest superbike market, that the road racing series can be so bad, British Superbike runs very few track, but it still turns out massive fan support, do to the great races they have, but AMA is not even close to BSB, or WSBK now.
Two years from now AMA will be bigger than it has been in the last 5 years, wait and see.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mladin's got the championship pretty much wrapped up, so missing a weekend doesn't matter much to him.

As far as I'm concerned, this is just Mladin's way to flip off the AMA on the way out the door.

IIRC, didn't he race at NHIS years ago when it was a whole lot more unsafe than Kansas? Ask DuHamel how safe NHIS was.

Mladin's just trying to stick it to the AMA on his way out the door.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mladin's got the championship pretty much wrapped up, so missing a weekend doesn't matter much to him.

As far as I'm concerned, this is just Mladin's way to flip off the AMA on the way out the door.

IIRC, didn't he race at NHIS years ago when it was a whole lot more unsafe than Kansas? Ask DuHamel how safe NHIS was.

I think your right about this to an extent... Mladin's sponcers want to see him on the track so I dont think he will get this chance again but Im sure that sticking it to the DMG and making them look stupid is a bigger part of this than track saftey.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts

Mladin has been slipping the last few races and this season. While he does hold a considerable points margin I wonder how much of him sitting out is due to not being able to get the '09 GSXR working as well as the '08 bike he started the season with. If Mladin really wanted to stick it to the AMA he should sign a one year deal and race WSBK. He certainly could get a good ride (I believe there is a Suzuki ride opening up) and could shift more viewership to WSBK. But then a gain he wouldn't do that and risk under-performing and potentially tarnishing his image. Besides, I don't think Mladin's ego could handle Pegram handing his ass again ;)

·
comrade moderator
27,345 Posts
I don't think Matt gives a damn anymore, and frankly I respect him all the more for that.

I'll bet the AMA will fine and sanction Matt for walking away from this race...the championship ain't over. Nobody kicks sand in Roger's face without earning retribution of some sort.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I don't think Matt gives a damn anymore, and frankly I respect him all the more for that.

I'll bet the AMA will fine and sanction Matt for walking away from this race...the championship ain't over. Nobody kicks sand in Roger's face without earning retribution of some sort.
Boy Chuck I hate to agree w/ you but you might be right. The interveiw White did w/ Roger regarding Mladins bail was interesting. You know..."he's a great rider but.......................I'm going to fine him because we believe his actions were detrimental to the sport" type of deal. Who know's.....he threatened Pegram and Pegram spilled that on a national telecast so Mladin is going to get scolded for that-maybe? If they can suspend Ludington for the JRP incident, then they could do it to Mladin...imagine Mladin getting a suspension, maybe a one race suspension...Hmmm....it's not beyond DMG for sure!

·
comrade moderator
27,345 Posts
Maybe a rest-of-the-year suspension? Scary to think it could happen isn't it?

Roger is like the worlds baddest moderator! :D

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe a rest-of-the-year suspension? Scary to think it could happen isn't it?

Roger is like the worlds baddest moderator! :D
LOL... so are the mods here taking notes??

Personally I think whatever retribution the DMG/AMA goons try to slap Matt with will back fire on them. They aready look bad with the JRP/Ludington incident, before that it was the 1125 buell racing with 600s, and now Matt saying that they want them to race on unsafe tracks. If I were in Rodgers shoes I would just want to focus on how well the weekend went and ignore Mladin.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I doubt Roger will do anything, it would be a PR nightmare if he did and hopefully he learned a little after the Moto-ST in Iowa debacle.

Ignoring Mat and Jamie and Tino not riding would be the best move by far.

I'm still waiting to see where the unprotected wall was that Robert Tinagero hit that put him in the hospital with busted bones and a collapsed lung...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm still waiting to see where the unprotected wall was that Robert Tinagero hit that put him in the hospital with busted bones and a collapsed lung...
I dont know about the "unprotected wall" but I did see somethings at that track that would give me pause about pushing to the limit in certain areas.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Tinagero definitely unprotected wall, I just want to know if it was a freak thing or one the other riders asked to be moved.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I doubt Roger will do anything, it would be a PR nightmare if he did and hopefully he learned a little after the Moto-ST in Iowa debacle.

Ignoring Mat and Jamie and Tino not riding would be the best move by far.

I was a great weekend!...and you might be right, but Edmonson is a take no BS guy, he's the boss, he's in control. It was a few days after the JRP incident before action was taken...so we will wait and see! You have two of the AMA worst cry babies taking a bail for the weekend. Mladin thinks he is bigger then the AMA. and has for years now....Hacking is crying about the Buell and knows he can't beat Esling..frankly Esling is riding the freakin' wheels off that Buell and yesterdays race 2 was one of the most exciting races I have ever seen! But back to Hacking...he now has an excuse for not racing the Buell instead of sucking it up and going for it. It would be different if 5 or 6 riders bailed, if Pegram says it's good enough it is-he's not stupid!

·
comrade moderator
27,345 Posts
Roger has a long history of doing exactly the wrong thing, which is why I still have a hunch he's gonna do something with Mat.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
It is funny, I used to hate Mat, but I've grown to respect him and like his tell it how it is style. To say it is hard to get motivated until the flag drops is classic. The championship is not going to be the same without him.

He really said it all last year over the crankshaft issues, words to the effect of "they can take points and championships away from me but they can't take away anything that actually matters"

1 - 20 of 20 Posts