Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Common complaint about the Multistrada seems to be very skinny hand grips, even when they are the heated option. I have large hands so it's exaggerated. Trying to ask the dealer for options but no info yet. Has anyone changed grips on newer Multistradas? I tried searching the forum for this but most of the posts seem to be old. Spider PEAK grips were recommended when you have the heated option but it appears they are not compatible with the 2016 model. Also Pro Grips 714 or 717 but can't tell how thick they are from the ads.

·
Registered
85 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's what I use too and I like them. Work fine with the heated grips.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I use Grip Puppies/Pussy Grips.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used tennis grip wrap. It is easy to change and I u can make the thickness to your liking. I also did not have to take off my bark busters and hand guards.

Also makes me feel like I am playing tennis while I ride, twice the fun.

-gs

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Spider Peak grips are about the same thickness as OEM. Pro Grips 714 are significantly thicker but not nearly as thick as the Grip Puppies.

On a separate note, I'd add that for me, the Pro Grips 714 last much longer. OEM and Spider Peak grips wore through faster than I would expect.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
I haven't tried the Grip Buddies, but I like the design and benefits

Here is What you Can expect From Us and Our Grips:

A serious commitment to superior customer service
Constant product quality upgrades like our new SMARTSKIN™TECHNOLOGY and our new helmet safety kits!
Marked improvement in the Durability/Longevity of our new SMARTSKIN™TECHNOLOGY
Dramatic improvement in the "Feel and Comfort" of your hands on your grips!
Grips with “All-Weather” qualities. These grips do not absorb water!
A heightened sense of “Control” over your motorcycle due to the satisfied feeling that your hands have finally been properly “filled”. . .just the right amount (enough, but not too much)!
A product you can easily and quickly "Install Yourself", over the top of your stock grips!
Grips that are “Heated-Grip-Compatible”. You really feel the heat with these babies! This is our SMARTSKIN™TECHNOLOGY at work
A durable, long-lasting solution that “Won’t Migrate" like some other available grip options.
An almost "Baffled Feeling" that such a seemingly small/inexpensive addition, could make such a huge difference in your enjoyment of your motorcycle.
Welcome

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I was a good businessman I would improve the whole grip industry because no where can you find the thickness. Even calling Revzilla they don't know, only from personal experience. So:

Grip Puppies- that slide on over the OEM grips. What happens if they get wet? How long can a piece of foam last?
Grip "Buddies"- that attach with Velcro. Since the grips, and most importantly the throttle, are my lifeline, I don't feel very comfortable relying on Velcro.
Biltwell Renegade was suggested by Revzilla.
Ducati reps had no good suggestions for the dealer other than be careful because they are heated.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Consider buying Oxford Hot Hands. They are grip overlays and have the heat built in right where you need it -- the outer layer.

https://www.motocard.com/en/grips/o...MIi6b7hrXF2gIVFwaGCh3kXgR2EAQYASABEgJ5cPD_BwE

Only complaint is this old style has just a switch for on and off. But if powered thru a controller, or the bike's heated controller (like my Stelvio), They're great!

So you can wrap your grips with these to test the larger diameter that you desire.
If good, wire 'em up. If not, sell them!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Grip Puppies- that slide on over the OEM grips. What happens if they get wet? How long can a piece of foam last?
I've had these on my beemer for three years, they saw plenty of rain in that time, and I've never had a problem. Installing these is one of the first things i did to my Multi when I got it. Pro tip: Spray the grip like crazy with non aerosol hairspray before trying to slide them on. It will lubricate to allow for easier installation, then dry sticky to help hold them in place.

·
Registered
237 Posts
No worries with Grip Puppies getting wet. Mine wear out every couple of years and at around $20 a pair it's no big deal to replace them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts