Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That fit our 57mm fork tubes...:(

I know ur gonna say i bought the wrong bike and all that.... My '08 was crashed and transformed into a monster since the hyper parts werent readily available and/or very expensive back when i did this('2009-2010).

Anyway, does anyone know of a set of true clipon bars that fit the hypers gigantic fork tubes? I want a real pair of clipons, not a clubman/cafe racer type bar(so far:) )??

I gotta get some weight up on my wrists for two reasons: a) more weight on the front tire for traction and steering and b) i have a SUPER comfy seat, but after about 75 miles my ass is hurtin!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was curious about this too but don't think it's something i'll pursue. Sorry I don't have any leads, if I find something out I'll let you know.

If get something worked out let us know, I'd like to see it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
If there's a custom bicycle company near you, you could probably have some custom made for around the price of regular aftermarket clip-ons. They can probably make them either out of chromemoly or aluminum.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well shit, looks like im gonna dig the old stock bars outta the closet and cut/bend/flip those for now. Hopefully i can come up w something

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd be very interested in seeing how this looks and hearing how you get on with the feel of the bike with clip ons.
Don't get me wrong, I love everything about my hyper. This is the second one I've owned... I sold the first because I missed the "committed" position of a sports bike.
I switched back because I missed the engine and noise. Also, importantly, my wife loves the pillion seat, otherwise I'd probably have a 999.
So please post back whether or not you succeed, with pics and positive or negative reports.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts