Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This just happened this last wednesday. After all my bitching about this "madoff" type of repair shop, I got more than an education in how to repair ducatis. Well in a way, I learned to stay away from rip off artists and dangerous places to care for my ducati as well.

I scanned the following on 7-3-09
excuse the format.....

Name and Address of Court: Santa Barbara Superior Court, South County, 1100 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, CA 93101

Small Claims Case.No;1337571
Plaintiff: XXXXXXXXXXX Keyser XX XXXX Avenue Santa Barbara, CA 93109

Defendant: Treavor Dunne 320 West Carillo Street Santa Barbara, CA 93101 (805) 884-4648

NOTICE TO ALL PLAINTIFFS AND DEFENDANTS: Your small claims case has been decided. If you lost the case, and the court ordered you to pay money, your wages, money, and property may be taken without further warning from the court. Read the back of this sheet for important information about your rights.

NOTICE OF ENTRY OF JUDGMENT judgment was entered as checked below on (date): 7/1/2009 1. ~ Defendant (name, if more than one): Treavor Dunne

shall pay plaintiff $ XXXX principal
{{{purposely left blank by the plaintiff}}}}

and $ 50.00 costs on plaintiff's claim.
------------------_________________________________________________

__n_______________

Mailing: Santa Barbara, California

Date of Mailing: 7/2/2009

This statement I am adding will give a greater account on this drama that I encountered when I began using SB Ducati to examine my 1996 900SS.

February 25, 2009

Trevor Dunne
Ducati of Santa Barbara
320 W Carrillo St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
(805) 884-8443
Via: Fax

Mr. Dunne

Remember the washer one of your mechanics omitted when they re-assembled the rear wheel? That missing washer allowed the rear sprocket’s nuts to hit the swing arm, cutting a groove 1/4 inch wide by 3/32 inch deep in the swing arm.

The ramifications of more serious harm, such as the rear wheel locking up on the freeway or in town, causing physical damage to the Ducati, let alone me, did not happen because I immediately discovered the damage it was causing the night I rode the bike home.

I called another Ducati dealer in Salem, Oregon and he told me a new swing arm for a 1996 900SS CR would run over $2,800.

The list goes on and on when it comes to your so-called repairs. Remember the first time I brought my machine in and I wanted you to check out the bike’s condition, as I had just bought it from a private party? You ended up charging me $1,846. For what??? That is another sad issue. Remember less than a week later you replaced the clutch slave that was leaking? That was an omission from the original checkout, as the slave was leaking the first time you looked at my Ducati, and still leaked until I was forced to prime the clutch slave to make it home from Goleta a week later. You charged me over $300 for that omission.

Ever heard of the Department of Consumer Affairs, Bureau of Automotive Repair? If not you should check out their web site:http://www.autorepair.ca.gov/.

Remember the day you saw me talking to Carlin about tie-down-trailering equipment? You asked me, “Where are you taking your bike?” You then said, “I will come a get your bike and fix it”. I said the problem was the solenoid. You said it wasn’t the solenoid at the time, and later you agreed with my diagnosis. I sort of took that as a man-to-man agreement that you were going to get to the bottom of my electrical problem. Was there ever a mention of money and cost? Never!!

Lastly I noticed the neutral light was not coming on when I was in neutral. This was after your last work when you installed my front forks. I checked my manual and after a little detective work I discovered that the wiring was completely disconnected from the switch, yet the rubber cover to the switch was neatly in place, covering the fact that the wiring was broken. That happened who knows how, but it probably happened at your shop.

The last issue is the fairing. And, when I come into your shop, and the first words out of your mouth when you see me usually is, “What did you break on the bike now?”, is that what you call good customer service?

Let’s call it even for your damage to my swing arm that was caused by your mechanics forgetting the washer/spacer and the work you did on the fairing and your replacing the solenoid with the used solenoid from your scrap parts in your shop.

As I said "this madoff-type of Ducati shop owner" will only cross my path one more time when I collect on this judgement.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm sorry, but I personally have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe a few extra words to describe the situation would help... or if there is another post you could link to it... or ?

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
I'm sorry, but I personally have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe a few extra words to describe the situation would help... or if there is another post you could link to it... or ?
+1

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think the OP means that he won a small claims judgement against Treavor Dunne, the owner/operator of a Ducati repair shop that allegedly stole $50 billion from investors, or something :)

Well done OP, best of luck in your collection efforts.

Cheers

d.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts