Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
hunduc said:
It does'nt start until Friday 2/3/06 ?
maybe he works at a movie theather and got to see it the night before it opened like alot of theatres will do for their employees so they don't spend Friday evening trying to sneak inside and watch a premiere instead of working....and so that if they have a will to see it...they don't go bonkers hearing about it from the popcorn fanatics in bits and pieces.....but I am just assuming!

·
Obsessive/Compulsive collector
326 Posts
I've been looking forward to seeing this since I read about it in one of the cycle rags. The commercials have only whetted my appetite. When it comes to versatility, Anthony Hopkins is one hell of an actor. I don't think I've seen him in anything I haven't liked. This should be a good one too.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
DucMike said:
I've been looking forward to seeing this since I read about it in one of the cycle rags. The commercials have only whetted my appetite. When it comes to versatility, Anthony Hopkins is one hell of an actor. I don't think I've seen him in anything I haven't liked. This should be a good one too.
Ditto on your every word. Hopkins has great range, as they say in the business. Corporate head in Meet Joe Black to eater of body parts in Silence of the Lambs. :eek:

·
Administrator
7,137 Posts
I did some research

Superbike Planet has a review up today of this movie.
I clicked on the "famous" pic of the guy on the triumph in speedos doing 150+

What did I find?
Team Triumph Texas!

HA!
Crazy freaking Texans......

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
That was not "some guy". It was the legendary Rollie Free. And it was no Triumph. It was a big, booming V-twin Vincent that topped 150mph at Bonneville way back in 1946.

To put that mark in perspective, take a look at a Harley-Davidson, an example of 1940's technology that survives to this day, albeit with many, many updates including fuel injection and computerized ignition. They have a tough time topping 110, bathing suit or not.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I thought it was a great movie, he never gave up on his dream.You know how its going to end but it was good. A lot of baby boomers in there, made me feel young (42) lol

·
326 Posts
I guess Sacramento isn't considered part of the "limited market" set. Seems like we won't be getting it till next weekend. Guess I'll be going down to the bay area this evening. :cool:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Not a great movie, but it was worth the price of admission. Truly a movie that can be enjoyed even by those who don't know or care a thing about motorcycles. Great character acting by Hopkins.

Tremendously enjoyed the line "Hi, I'm Rollie Free". I may not have been the only guy in the theater who knew who he was, but I was the only one who applauded...

·
326 Posts
Saw it yesterday in Albany (CA) and thought it was fantastic. Not exactly what I'd call a packed house, but it was during the SuperBowl and those that were there, you could tell were die hards. There was definitely some reaction in the house to Rollie introducing himself. It was one that goes on the To-Buy list when it finally comes out. But then again again, anything motorcycle-oriented (and worth a damn!) end up on that same list. Faster, Long Way Round, Dust to Glory, you know the type.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.