Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is how the 748 started off about a year and a half ago:

Pretty much bone stock from the factory other than the integrated taillights and tucked up license plate. From now until then I have been doing little additions with a major transformation this winter. I took the bike all the way apart down to the engine sitting on blocks. Here is what was done to it. All of the work and powdercoating except for the powdercoating of the subframe and the frame was done myself along with the sandblasting.

Body:

- Added Number Plate and Ducati Logo to Nose Fairing
- Added Corse Stripe and Corse Badge to Front Fender
- Ducati Wreath "1" Sticker on Tank
- Removed Reflectors on Front Fender
- Bi-posto Tail as a spare for the lady
- Painted Mirrors Red to match body.

Powdercoating:

- Frame, Headlight Bucket, Stays, and Subframe: Gloss Black
- Swingarm: Flat Black
- Clip-Ons Clamps: Mirror Black
- Marchesini Wheels: Mirror Black
- Custom Hand Filed Triple Tree: Satin Black
- Ceramic Coated entire exhaust system: Satin Black

Accessories:
- Arrow Half System Carbon Exhaust
- Pazzo Shortie Black Levers
- HID Headlight Kit (Lo Beam 6000k)
- AFAM Quick Change 41T Rear Sprocket
- AFAM 14T Front Sprocket
- RK 520XSO Gold Chain
- MadDuc Open Clutch Cover
- Black DZUS Fastners all around
- Speedymoto Gold Kukri Pressure Plate w/ Black Caps
- Barnett Lightweight Clutch Pack
- 5-Spoke Aluminum Marchesini Wheels- Black Gel Grips
- Upgraded to 5.0mm Brembo Brake Rotors
- Puig Double Bubble Dark Smoke Windscreen
- LED Tail Light with Integrated Signals (customdynamics.com)
- LED License Plate Light (Very Makeshift)
- Sato Racing Rear Sets with Billet Brake Lever
- Black Lightweight Aluminum Wheel Nut
- STM Gold Bar Ends
- STM Gold Resoviour Caps
- STM Gold Frame Plugs
- Nice New Pilot Power 2 Tires!

Carbon:

- Carbon Fiber Exhaust Guard
- Carbon Fiber Slotted Sprocket Cover
- Carbon Fiber Gauge Surround w/ custom ducati badge

And below is the final result. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the transformation process. I do have some but they are still on my camera and I can upload them later. Forgot to take pictures when I was reassembling, it looked to good and I got too excited! :D Enjoy!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good job it turned out great. Wish I had the time and money to transform mine.
But why does it say 996s on the tail?
Some little kid sat on my Mono 748 tail and put a huge crack in it. I just bought another one, said 996s on it. It's not a big deal to me since it is so small.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Photos...

How is the bike held up... did you Photoshop something out? Bike looks great! I have a close friend who is finishing something very similar. It is also a red 748 same year, but the only obvious aesthetic difference with his is the 10 Y spoke flat finish Marchesinis. He even powdercoated the tips of his cans like you did. I have a 749s that I have almost completed... I'll post pics soon (waiting on a few more special parts).

Great work, "always nice to see it done right".

I get that quote a lot too, and thought of you-- now you gotta ride her!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How is the bike held up... did you Photoshop something out? Bike looks great! I have a close friend who is finishing something very similar. It is also a red 748 same year, but the only obvious aesthetic difference with his is the 10 Y spoke flat finish Marchesinis. He even powdercoated the tips of his cans like you did. I have a 749s that I have almost completed... I'll post pics soon (waiting on a few more special parts).

Great work, "always nice to see it done right".

I get that quote a lot too, and thought of you-- now you gotta ride her!
If I could have afforded those rims I would have gone with those but these are good.

As for riding her, I ride her almost every day! I bought it with 4k and now I have 15k in a little over a year with the bike stored for 2 winters. So I ride it alot!! Can't let it sit. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Beautiful mate, fantastic attention to detail and a real credit to you. I love the black detailing on her. My next project will be a track only bike as I have nightmares about chucking my 996 down the track, it was bad enough when it fell off the side stand - $4500K of damage, but might have to grab some of your ideas!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Awesome transformation!! Absolutely beautiful. :cool:

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Very nice, I like the black frame - something I'd like to do to mine but not got round to it (despite having the engine out of the frame for the last 2 months), maybe next year.

·
Registered
345 Posts
wow love it... great job. hope my ducati once i get it comes out that clean like yours.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Magic job! The whole bike looks fantastic, understated but with a wealth of fine detail. I particularly like the rearsets, cans and clutch. Nice work.

You've inspired me to do something similar.

I assume you used a professional photographer for the photos - they certainly look slick.

cheers,

neil.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Magic job! The whole bike looks fantastic, understated but with a wealth of fine detail. I particularly like the rearsets, cans and clutch. Nice work.

You've inspired me to do something similar.

I assume you used a professional photographer for the photos - they certainly look slick.

cheers,

neil.
Thank you very much everyone!

I saw a thread a while back of red 996/748/916 style bikes with black wheels and I always thought how amazing it would look if the whole bike was covered in black accents.

If I can ever find an 853 kit for a reasonable price, that will be the next modification. I could use just a little more power. :D

As for the photographs, yes I am a professional automotive photographer and this was in a studio I rented out for the Northwest Ducati Club. I shot 4 other bikes that day.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts