Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody see Fabrizio wave at Spies on the next to last lap or so when he put the pass on him??? I missed it the first time I watched it (can't a guy have two hours to himself on a Sunday afternoon!:D) Granted, Spies came back and passed him, taking the lead, only to run out of fuel..but this reminds me of the stuff Rossi would do to irritate Baggi in the GP 500 days. Great stuff!!!! This series is just the most exciting, most entertaining motorcycle racing I've seen in a along time.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anybody see Fabrizio wave at Spies on the next to last lap or so when he put the pass on him??? I missed it the first time I watched it (can't a guy have two hours to himself on a Sunday afternoon!:D) Granted, Spies came back and passed him, taking the lead, only to run out of fuel..but this reminds me of the stuff Rossi would do to irritate Baggi in the GP 500 days. Great stuff!!!! This series is just the most exciting, most entertaining motorcycle racing I've seen in a along time.
Agreed. A Cocky move, still I liked it. But next time Fabrizio needs to stay in front!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm guessing it felt right at the moment. It probably didn't feel as good after Spies beat him in both races though... :p

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Yea, but Fabrizio is a cocky Italian and ya know what? Getting 2 seconds pushed his points up just enough that if Spies does shitty this coming weekend at a track Fabrizio was faster at already, then we might see a Ducati 1-2 in the points.

Not to get into a 3 month argument, Spies running out of fuel was his own mistake, so were the 2 crashes and the 1 off-track riding. Man, he is starting to remind me of the current points leader. ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
164 Posts
Spies running out of fuel was his own mistake
I have very little knowledge in this area so I can't argue this point, but I'm curious how the rider controls fuel usage and would he be given some kind of feedback during the race about fuel remaining, etc.?

I'm pretty sure they have a fixed maximum fuel capacity, right?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have very little knowledge in this area so I can't argue this point, but I'm curious how the rider controls fuel usage and would he be given some kind of feedback during the race about fuel remaining, etc.?

I think his crew was so focused on ben's bad start after the redflag, that knowone refilled his tank!! Not realy his fault, but his crew is a big reflection on his results- good and bad.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think his crew was so focused on ben's bad start after the redflag, that knowone refilled his tank!! Not realy his fault, but his crew is a big reflection on his results- good and bad.
I kinda thought the same thing.... only without the bad start part. Restarts seem to throw everyone off. So basically Ben had 2 warm up laps and a race lap in on the tank of fuel.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Uhmmmmm....Unless there is a zeroeth position I am unaware of Fabrizio won race one.
I think that Fred meant that Spies rode better then Fabrizio in both races. He just happened to only win one of them.

·
Flavor of the Month
2,359 Posts
That wave as he was going by was awesome, better than Sete waving to Rossi when Rossi was looking back! (2004?)

Go Biaggi!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Spies did a 100% warm up lap, nobody else did that... That little bit of fuel, wasn't calculated and he screwed up. He only need 1/10th of a laps worth of extra fuel. Don't forget, Monza is the fastest track on the calender with the highest fuel consumption.

We don't know if the team didn't re-fill his bike, but I can almost guarantee you, they did. Had they not, he would have run out of fuel WAY before.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Spies did a 100% warm up lap, nobody else did that... That little bit of fuel, wasn't calculated and he screwed up...
Wow! I can just picture Stephen Colbert delivering that line. Solid gold, Tye. Have you ever considered becoming a comedy writer? You seem to have a real knack for it...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Im sure Fabrizio was happy to have the win but it would have been alot sweeter for him if he could have beat Ben rather than letting the racing gremlins do it for him.
So far the only one to beat Ben in WSBK is Ben!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Spies outrode Fabrizio in race one only to run out of fuel 100 yards before the finish line, so yes, in my book he beat Fabrizio.
Yes, but in reality Fabrizio won. He got the cup, he got the points and he got the glory; I'm pretty sure he wasn't too upset about "the wave".

And the "last 100 yards" well, those are the only ones that really count. Who cares who out rode who on lap one when the race is decided at the line.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Yes, but in reality Fabrizio won. He got the cup, he got the points and he got the glory; I'm pretty sure he wasn't too upset about "the wave".

And the "last 100 yards" well, those are the only ones that really count. Who cares who out rode who on lap one when the race is decided at the line.
The race wasn't decided at the line. It was decided in the pits. ;)

Yes, Fabio "won" the race, but he was dancing around like he just won the world title, when it reality it was a gift. A little humility would have been the order of the day. (Contrast with Spies on the cooldown lap of race 2...)

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
The race wasn't decided at the line. It was decided in the pits. ;)

Yes, Fabio "won" the race, but he was dancing around like he just won the world title, when it reality it was a gift. A little humility would have been the order of the day. (Contrast with Spies on the cooldown lap of race 2...)
The race is ALWAYS decided at the line, it is where timing and scoring is recorded, you have to cross it to get recorded. The OUTCOME may have been decided in the pits, but the race WAS decided at the line ;)

You don't think that Fabrizio should have been excited for his first win, on an Italian bike in Italy? He was excitied the same way Spies was in race 1 at Assen.

·
Registered
144 Posts
For those of you who think fabrizo was gifted the win, watch the race tomorrow.:D he'll be waving with just one finger this time:p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts