Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately I've been thinking of a new bike. Went to the Duc dealer and checked out the Hyper 950, KTM Superduke, and a couple of other bikes.

And what do ya know...the latest spy shots of Ducati testing a new streetfighter with the Panigale V4 engine have leaked.

Probably will be seeing this at this year's EICMA.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If this is true, the unfocused pics look great already
The photos are from a couple of motorcycle publishers and it's got the top-secret fairing wrap. You can tell it's got panigale DNA if not just a reworked one.

But it makes sense that Ducati would want to get back into the Super-Streetfighter market with KTM's Superduke, BMW S1000r, MV Agusta's announcement of their Brutale 1000 with over 212bhp, and the MT-10 to some degree.

If they can cosmetically make a naked bike look great again like the SF848/1098 and dump at least 150hp or more.. I think they will be successful. Considering all the bikes I named above...IMO are ugly...especially the headlight designs.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Looks the part, the price is gonna be scary as hell here in Canada. I’m hoping it’s going to be a reasonable chunk cheaper than a V4 Pani. You’d hope at least $5000 less?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Looks the part, the price is gonna be scary as hell here in Canada. I’m hoping it’s going to be a reasonable chunk cheaper than a V4 Pani. You’d hope at least $5000 less?

If they’re smart they won’t repeat the same mistake by making it only a few thousands cheaper then the full fairing model

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hard to see anything good with the spy pics, but I doubt it's going to look as good as the twin SF. The V4 looks kinda bloated--nothing compared to other 4 cylinder bikes--but I loved how the twin motor made things svelte.

The beauty of the SF was it's narrow frame and body, look at it from the top and it's like an arrow. Ducati even designed a special radiator that didn't stick out so far to the sides so that the body could be a thin as possible. When they redesigned the Monster for the latest gen, those fat radiators came back.

I'm still excited to see what it'll look like, though.

·
Bon Vivant
11,450 Posts
I know. That’s what made it hard to sell. People would go to the dealership for the SF and the dealer would say that exactly and the sbk would be sold

You are probably right but to me that is just ignorant, I mean, its not about "good, better, best" is it? It's about which bike fits the desired need - like street riding, track use, fun weekends, commuting, etc. If people were intelligent about picking the right bike for the job the SF would outsell the SBK 4 to 1...

The SBK is not a good streetbike but it is the pinnacle of performance, the SF gives us very close to that level of performance in a bike that is far superior in every day use in the real world.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
You are probably right but to me that is just ignorant, I mean, its not about "good, better, best" is it? It's about which bike fits the desired need - like street riding, track use, fun weekends, commuting, etc. If people were intelligent about picking the right bike for the job the SF would outsell the SBK 4 to 1...

You would have loved my local Ducati dealer. When the 848SF came out he told me I should trade in my 1098 for the 848 because the 1098 was old technology

·
Bon Vivant
11,450 Posts
I really really want a new V4 streetfighter but after just spending a boatload on a new car and the fact that my old SF isn't worth beans It'll probably be few years before I can wrap my head around spending $20K + on a new bike... :crying:

Besides, I'd have a hard time seeing it eclipse the Tuono factory that I love so much.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I really really want a new V4 streetfighter but after just spending a boatload on a new car and the fact that my old SF isn't worth beans It'll probably be few years before I can wrap my head around spending $20K + on a new bike... :crying:

Besides, I'd have a hard time seeing it eclipse the Tuono factory that I love so much.
Completely agree. The Tuono is the target bike for Ducati. The V4 SF needs to compare in performance and price.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can't wait to see what this bike looks like after all the testing is finished. Great job finding those leaked pics!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I can't see the v4sf being a great street bike unless they fix the radiant heat from the engine. It's like sitting over an oven.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts