Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, the Stockton Mile is coming back after a 31 year absence. I used to go to the San Jose and Sacramento Mile years ago, great racing.

I'm for sure planning on going Saturday Sept 12 starting at 2:00PM. It will be at the San Jouquin Fairgrounds.

Let me know if your interested, Grandstand is $20, box seats are $30.

www.stocktonmile.com

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm going and I think Ducshep is going. The flat track mile is pretty awesome. I think the last time I saw one was back in 1988 for the Sacramento Mile

·
Registered
525 Posts
John & I are meeting at the 76 gas station on March Lane and I-5 at 1:30 and then headed to the races. We’ll be in the cages. Anyone interested they can meet us there.

·
Premium Member
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stockton Mile - BORING

First of all Panami its a good thing you didn't hear about this sooner. I didn't catch the signs, but this event wasn't for the big boys, like on the AMA Flat Track Circuit. This event was a small purse gathering of amateurs and experts on the smaller bikes. Unless I left too early there were no bikes like I used to watch race at the San Jose Mile or the Sacramento Mile. Ducshep and I sat in the stands from 2:00 til 6:00PM watching one boring race after another and putting up with a loud mouth annoying announcer with an incredibly horse voice.

These were primarially small bikes and 450s, like Supermotos. What a waste of time and money. I should have known, but I didn't pick up on the fact the purse was skinny, why would a Pro show up for this with that kind of chump change purse?

The stands were pretty well packed and I honestly think most of them thought they were going to see something more than Supermotos, which BTW needed to be on a 1/2 mile or smaller track. I guarentee the attendence will drop to less than half next year unless they can attract the bigger and faster flat track bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts