Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rules of this thread are simple: only positive posts associated with the MTS are allowed here.

When you feel like your MTS is a fragile horrible purchase after reading all the doom and gloom threads you can come in here and feel better.

I will start. I own a 2012 MTS and have not had a single problem!

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
^ when did you take delivery of your 2012 MTS12s?

I took delivery of my '12 back in Feb. of this year and have had no major problems up to now.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ when did you take delivery of your 2012 MTS12s?
Irrelevant my good sir. Telling you that may reduce the positivity of my post.

I'll post another. I rode my MTS on a dirt road today and wasn't shamed by a GS.

·
Super Moderator
5,653 Posts
cute thread dish, and funny that you posted this today as I am just back from a ride and had been daydreaming about making a new thread: "I LOVE THIS FRICKIN KICKASS MACHINE AND AM NOT HAVING ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT".

I'm glad we have a forum for getting tips, suggestions, inspiration, and help when problems arise. But it's also nice to be able to brag about what is arguably the best all around motorcycle created to date.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Irrelevant my good sir. Telling you that may reduce the positivity of my post.
The older and more tried a 2012 MTS12s is, the more relevant and positive the data becomes. ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The older and more tried a 2012 MTS12s is, the more relevant and positive the data becomes. ;)
Totally agree and exactly why I did not disclose how long I have had mine. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Had mine since July 2010. One of the year one buyers. ZERO regrets! Best vehicle I have ever owned. I have never had so much fun on any other street bike.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
392 Posts
Love it

I love my 11M std / ABS after 1.5 years and 9000 miles.
The refinement of the bike is far beyond the previous generation.
I think they are approaching BMW level but still maintaining character.
The only thing disappointing on my bike is the quality of the bolts / fasteners.
Ducati's attitude toward customer service has changed since I had my '09.
We complained about surging, they gave us an ECU update.
We complained about the rear brake, they gave us an upgrade kit (works on mine)
When the BMW community complains, they are told " zie spezification ist perfekt"
I have ordered parts and accessories 3 times for this bike, each time the parts went from Bologna to my dealer in TN to my house in 10 days.
When I had my 1100, I waited 2 months sometimes.
The only bike I think about getting to replace this one is a new Touring after all you early adopters get the DES stuff worked out........:D

·
Registered
351 Posts
I love my 10'! With a manual Ohlins in the rear and the Andrioni cartridges up front its like riding an s without worrying about a DES code being thrown. No surging of the engine and watching the heads turn as I ride by, best bike I have ever owned!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Pretty good reliability here...

In 35K miles (unfortunately split across two 2010 MTS1200S's, 12K/23K), I've basically not had ANYTHING go wrong. Only routine maintenance.

Considering the complexity of the bike, I'm quite impressed. One major trip done this summer, one coming up in the fall.

--Doc

·
Registered
805 Posts
2 years and 33000km. I love it. If i had to sell... Id buy another one!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
What a lovely and useful thread.
Er....you can find similar on Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, BMW....etc etc forums.
I love the bike too...but my rose tinted glasses fell off somehwere along the route! (Waiting for the parts to repair them...Italian glasses!)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
This is a very good idea as a thread. I love the wheelies I'm able to pull while two-up even at highway speeds. The engine is very peppy and impresses me every time.

·
Super Moderator
5,653 Posts
What a lovely and useful thread.
Er....you can find similar on Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, BMW....etc etc forums.
I love the bike too...but my rose tinted glasses fell off somehwere along the route! (Waiting for the parts to repair them...Italian glasses!)
didn't read the rules for this thread! or perhaps humbuggery, however subtle, is inevitable among seniors. this is the thread for those in the throes of infatuation. be not love's executioner!

·
I hear airplanes
2,600 Posts
I hope when mine finally comes back from the shop that it will be all rainbows and fuckin' butterflies. And bunnies with lollipops... like a whole heard of them.

·
Señor Member
1,466 Posts
I love mine. Ive done long trips, dirt roads and track days. No real problems [SUBLIMINAL] back brake [/SUBLIMINAL].

·
Registered
117 Posts
The Best Bike yet

I'm feeling very sorry for my poor K1600 GTL Beemer since getting the Pikes Peak it's been severely neglected. The PP MTS is the most fun, most comfortable, absolute blast of a bike I've ever had. Just love this thing!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Got mine in June. 2012 Titanium s touring. Crazy about it. Girl friend is jealous. Can't stop talking about it or thinking about it. Did a four day ride, only about 250 miles a day, butt was sore by the end of day four but same for everyone else including one guy on a gold wing. No other discomfort, just joy and amazement that I found and purchased such an amazing motorcycle. I've had fast bikes but nothing that handles like this and is so much fun to ride!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts