Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 469 Posts

·
Administrator
12,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have picked a firm date and location. We will be meeting in beautiful Cambria.

Dates: September 14th - 16th

1. Scott
2. Focker (Jessica)
3. WatDaDuc (tentative)
5. RedPato and Charline
6. Available...
7. CAlexio (sharing room with DT996 - west coast loveshack)
8. Ted Shred
9. MotoRefugee
10. ian996
11. multibike
12. quanton
13. Joshuaz2 NEDOC
14. Deltaduc
15. Ducshep
16. MBevans and Shelly
18. Mospeada
19. hunde
20. Cdona
21. redstrat.rich
22. dino2000

We have rates at the following Motel:
Standard Room, One Queen Bed - $84
Standard Room, Two Double Beds - $98
Standard Room, One King Bed - $98
Standard Room, Two Queen Beds - $110
Deluxe Room, One King - $150 (these have garden and creek views, balconies or patios, and fireplaces)
Deluxe Room, Two Queens - $160 (these have garden and creek views, balconies or patios, and fireplaces)
Deluxe Suites - One King Bed - $180 (Has separate living room, creek and garden view, fireplace, etc.)

Bluebird Inn :: a Cambria California Lodging Inn 1-800-552-5434

Trip Advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ambria_San_Luis_Obispo_County_California.html

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
:D
We have picked a firm date and have a few location ideas based on how much SoCal participation we get. If there is a reasonable amount of interest from the Southern part of the state we are looking at the Cambria / San Simeon area. If not we will look at something more north like somewhere between Jenner and Mendocino.

1. Scott
2. Focker (Jessica)
Pff.:rolleyes:

:D

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
West Coast Meet-up

1. Scott
2. Focker (Jessica)
3. Metalhead

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I get lost if I go any further south than Monterey.:eek: Hell, I'll be happy if my shoulder heals in time for moto gp. Got my tickets and hotel set up, just gotta wait an see if I'll be able to ride.

That being said, I'd be interested.

·
Señor Member
8,237 Posts
West Coast Meet-up

1. Scott
2. Focker (Jessica)
3. Metalhead
4. RedPato and Charline

·
Administrator
12,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumping this thread.... come on California, Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, Washington and beyond, jump on here!

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
I'd love too, but I'll consider myself lucky if I can squeeze in one or two motocamping overnighters this summer.

Bummer.

Have a good one.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
The "problem" with us west coasters is that we ride every week of the year on the nation's best roads and don't require a meet-up to leave the house. Either that or we don't want to create another 12,982,436 page, endless thread counting down the minutes until each of our departures to the actual event!

:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

In all seriousness, there are some great roads nearby (58) and Nepenthe Ambrosia Burgers are just up the coast from there. Have i mentioned the incredible views out and over the Pacific under the bright and sunny California skies? I'm sure the Nothern Cal roads are just as delightful if that is where it ends up being. Regardless, good luck with the planning.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The "problem" with us west coasters is that we ride every week of the year on the nation's best roads and don't require a meet-up to leave the house. Either that or we don't want to create another 12,982,436 page, endless thread counting down the minutes until each of our departures to the actual event!

:D :p :D :p :D :p :D

In all seriousness, there are some great roads nearby (58) and Nepenthe Ambrosia Burgers are just up the coast from there. Have i mentioned the incredible views out and over the Pacific under the bright and sunny California skies? I'm sure the Nothern Cal roads are just as delightful if that is where it ends up being. Regardless, good luck with the planning.

^ Ditto on all the above! :D
If it ends up in Cambria, I'm VERY interested; don't think I could take the time to make Mendocino...

·
Premium Member
338 Posts

So sitting behind a computer screen instead of meeting new people you have never met and riding roads that you probably have never ridden sound better? :(

It is sad though that the ECM is so very successful with almost 100 people on the list but yet the West Coast meet gets about 15 people. This WCM thread has been viewed 388 times as of right now and there are 5 people on the list. I must say, California has some of the best riding roads in the country. We picked a few places that are pretty central for everyone. Cambria is about 290 miles from Sacramento and about 220 miles from LA. C'mon guys, work it out :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
you can count me in! hopefully some of the other zonies would join me for some cost cutting on fuel would trailer my bike and have room for 6 more bikes in my inclosed trailer...with a 2012 dodge dually...might have some of my fellow duc riders from my meetup group that would want to attend as well....

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
So sitting behind a computer screen instead of meeting new people you have never met and riding roads that you probably have never ridden sound better? :(

It is sad though that the ECM is so very successful with almost 100 people on the list but yet the West Coast meet gets about 15 people. This WCM thread has been viewed 388 times as of right now and there are 5 people on the list. I must say, California has some of the best riding roads in the country. We picked a few places that are pretty central for everyone. Cambria is about 290 miles from Sacramento and about 220 miles from LA. C'mon guys, work it out :)
hey! did you not see all of those :p and :D? that i used :)? but since you asked the question, i'll answer it, and do so honestly. yes, i prefer riding a motorcycle over sitting in front of the computer screens at work, and i do like riding new roads, along with meeting new people. at the same time, i'm very choosy about how i spend my time away from the family/kids, they come first ;).

as for why the ECM is more popular than than the WCM, i have my own thoughts, one being that it was a first mover, and which happens first in the calendar year. the WCM occurs in September, after the summer is over, adults are back at work full-swing (at least for me) and their kids back in school. it gets darker out earlier. people lodge at the ECM versus camp? at the WCM. while our roads in state are stupendous, the "Dragon" is a real draw (i'll take the Crest>>Wrightwood here in So Cal over the rest any day of the week :eek:). just tossing out some ideas as to why, i'm sure there are many more. let's face it, the ECM garners all the attention and fanfare while the WCM has been a disappointment in relative terms up to now. at the end of the day it doesn't seem to carry the same allure and is a harder sell, but hopefully that changes with this year's and i mean that as well.

peace :)

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
You think it might also have something to do with the fact that the people around the ECM are also just coming out of winter hibernation. They have spent all winter working on their pride and joy dreaming of those awesome roads come spring. I'm not sure west coasters can quite understand that.

I still want to go out west, meet everyone out there and ride the roads. But I spent all my money going to the ECM. Time to start playing the lottery I guess. :)

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
West Coast Meet-up

1. Scott
2. Focker (Jessica)
3. Metalhead
4. RedPato and Charline
5. DT996
Doesn't matter to me if 5 or 50 people show up, numbers don't mean a thing. The last WCM was well attended and all who were there had a great time, with the rides having the highest priority. This location will work just fine and I believe more will attend and not be worried about posting every five minutes, it's just not a West Coast thing to do (considering very few of us are cooped up for six months or even six days for that matter).

DT

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
(considering very few of us are cooped up for six months or even six days for that matter).
Lot of wisdom here.:)

Ya'll should come up with a solid plan, stick with it, and have fun. Numbers don't mean shit. Sometimes, bigger is not better.;)

1 - 20 of 469 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.