Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

621 - 640 of 655 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
The two 1.5 inch thick pieces cooked til nicely charred on each side but still rare in the middle. might be ten minutes per side, then move meat to perimeter and cover to let the mesquite smoke do its magic. Mesquite is a very hot fire, so you have to let it burn down a bit before putting the meat on, then watch it in real time.. with a cool beverage. It was over 100 degrees at dusk when I started, but dropped 25 degrees in about 30 minutes while I watched as an amazing thunder storm blow in at about 30 MPH. The rain mostly evaporated before it hit my patio, but cooled it down nicely and gave a good show.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
109 Posts
The two 1.5 inch thick pieces cooked til nicely charred on each side but still rare in the middle. might be ten minutes per side, then move meat to perimeter and cover to let the mesquite smoke do its magic. Mesquite is a very hot fire, so you have to let it burn down a bit before putting the meat on, then watch it in real time.. with a cool beverage. It was over 100 degrees at dusk when I started, but dropped 25 degrees in about 30 minutes while I watched as an amazing thunder storm blow in at about 30 MPH. The rain mostly evaporated before it hit my patio, but cooled it down nicely and gave a good show.
Nice! You're smokin' over some low heat. Sounds f'n fantastic 👍🏼

·
Registered
876 Posts
what's in your chimichurri sauce?

·
Registered
1993 750SS
109 Posts
Fresh parsley, olive oil, red wine vinegar, red chili pepper flakes, garlic, salt, and a bit of oregano. It's friggin killer on grilled meats...beef, chicken, lamb...you name it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have started playing with woods. I am using a propane cabinet smoker.
I grow raspberries, olives, almonds, aples, cherries, macadamias, peacan, lemons and limes on a hobby scale (i'm glad I don't rely on the fruit for income as the cockatoos get most of the fruit) and i have started tying the pruning after I dry them then shread them and have had some fantastic results. Peacan shells and macadamia shells also carry great flavour.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
109 Posts
I have started playing with woods. I am using a propane cabinet smoker.
I grow raspberries, olives, almonds, aples, cherries, macadamias, peacan, lemons and limes on a hobby scale (i'm glad I don't rely on the fruit for income as the cockatoos get most of the fruit) and i have started tying the pruning after I dry them then shread them and have had some fantastic results. Peacan shells and macadamia shells also carry great flavour.
You're growing some good stuff. Just bought a jar of homemade blue cheese stuffed olives.

Do you soak the shells before using them?

·
Registered
189 Posts
You're growing some good stuff. Just bought a jar of homemade blue cheese stuffed olives.

Do you soak the shells before using them?
I haven't tried soaking the shells, I do soak my woods for a few minutes. Next time I will try it on the shells.
In case there is confision I am smoking with the shells.
I also smoke shelled almonds and macadamias using various wood for the smoke.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
109 Posts
All good man, your original post made perfect sense. In the states, people smoke with pecan wood, apple wood, etc...so it only makes sense that you'd use the shells for smoking. Sounds interesting.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Netflix series "Ugly Delicious" continues to teach me. There is one episode devoted to BBQ or more accurately, grilled meat, as practiced across the globe. Inspiring episode.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
109 Posts
Netflix series "Ugly Delicious" continues to teach me. There is one episode devoted to BBQ or more accurately, grilled meat, as practiced across the globe. Inspiring episode.
Man, I thought you were talkin'
about my ex for a second there 😄

·
Registered
876 Posts
just grill salmon, tuna steaks and snow crab... all good.

·
Registered
876 Posts

Teriyaki wild Atlantic salmon and snow crab over mesquite charcoal with one chunk of mesquite hardwood for smoke. The one pink one is unspiced by the wife's request so she can put killer hot Thai dipping sauce on it. Ahh the care and feeding of a Thai wife :D

·
Registered
876 Posts
If you have frozen fish steaks that are pre-shrink-wrapped in plastic, make sure you cook it well past sushi. The wife advised last night that Asian language media are reporting that the big commercial Beijing fish markets have been forced to throw out tons of fish due to Covid-19 being found on all the cutting boards.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
I recently built a paver pad for my grill next to my garage so I could redo my patio for more outdoor living. It’s been nice and I have been grilling a lot more.
D5C82164-250E-4FA0-BE45-3B3321FB6332.jpeg
DB06A5B3-954F-4B70-A748-10051A09063D.jpeg
D8872846-A975-40B1-8BA0-B24FF767078B.jpeg

Reactions: Metman and LA2SD

·
Registered
876 Posts
Fueled by a Bloody Mary. Bacon wrapped pork roast among other bits-O-pig.
Dude. Hats OFF. Got me some BBQ grill envy! Just look at that ten years' worth of smoke coating!

621 - 640 of 655 Posts