Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

601 - 620 of 655 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Now that's some cookin'! Nice!! :smile2:

Thanks, Metman. I fire up the smoker most every holiday weekend. It's the smart thing to do what with all the Po Po out on patrol plus I took the opportunity to change out the O rings on my BMW RT's quick disconnect fittings along with some other household stuff. I like to multi task on days like this and got lots done.

Today I drove up to the Ft. Logan military cemetery in southwest Denver to visit my parents and honor those who spent their lives in defense of our country.

·
Official Retired Person
7,353 Posts
Not the smoker but still delicious.

Last night - decided on brined pork chops, corn on the cob, and sliced fresh tomatoes with cottage cheese. The corn was not soaked and only the exposed silk, a few outer leaves and the tough stalk were cut off. Turned the corn every 5 minutes, flipped the chops at 10 minutes and took both off at just under 20 minutes, at medium high heat.

No after pics, we were too busy eating!

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Not the smoker but still delicious.

Last night - decided on brined pork chops, corn on the cob, and sliced fresh tomatoes with cottage cheese. The corn was not soaked and only the exposed silk, a few outer leaves and the tough stalk were cut off. Turned the corn every 5 minutes, flipped the chops at 10 minutes and took both off at just under 20 minutes, at medium high heat.

No after pics, we were too busy eating!
Your grill looks way too clean......how are you supposed to get any "flavor" with such a clean grill?? :confused:

·
Official Retired Person
7,353 Posts
Your grill looks way too clean......how are you supposed to get any "flavor" with such a clean grill?? :confused:
My son, the chef and restaurant owner, asks me the same question!

·
Official Retired Person
7,353 Posts
Here I go again!

Pork ribs on the Smokeinator!

Another 1 1/2 to 2 hours and they will be ready.

Reactions: redpato

·
Registered
389 Posts
Had family, including my grand kids, over yesterday for the holiday weekend, so I put the smoker to work for dinner. My seven year old grandson loves ribs. Put on four racks of ribs, two breakfast sausages (I put them in every time I smoke, slice and freeze them, then heat 'em up with eggs for breakfasts!), as well as two fatties. One fatty was "Italian style" with sweet Italian sausage, spinach, onion, garlic and roasted red pepper stuffing (I pre-cooked that the night before). The other fatty had smoked gouda, fresh spinach and roasted red pepper stuffing. Everything came out great! Wish I had taken some pictures of the fatties when they were sliced, but they were attacked pretty quickly...:)
What's everyone else smoking this weekend?

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Had family, including my grand kids, over yesterday for the holiday weekend, so I put the smoker to work for dinner. My seven year old grandson loves ribs. Put on four racks of ribs, two breakfast sausages (I put them in every time I smoke, slice and freeze them, then heat 'em up with eggs for breakfasts!), as well as two fatties. One fatty was "Italian style" with sweet Italian sausage, spinach, onion, garlic and roasted red pepper stuffing (I pre-cooked that the night before). The other fatty had smoked gouda, fresh spinach and roasted red pepper stuffing. Everything came out great! Wish I had taken some pictures of the fatties when they were sliced, but they were attacked pretty quickly...:)
What's everyone else smoking this weekend?

Is the fatty just hamburger meat that is rolled out flat, stuffed, rolled up like a burrito, then wrapped in bacon? They look great - might have to give that a try next time.

I didn’t smoke these, but made homemade scotch deviled eggs the other day. Would have been awesome smoked:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Is the fatty just hamburger meat that is rolled out flat, stuffed, rolled up like a burrito, then wrapped in bacon? They look great - might have to give that a try next time.
Correct! There are some interesting recipes on YouTube and the SmokingMeatsForum. A lot of them use breakfast sausage for the meat. I like making mine more as "meatloafs". For both of those guys I used 1.5 lbs ground beef and .5 lbs of ground pork (each). For the Italian, I seasoned with garlic powder, parsley flakes and Italian bread crumbs, along with a whisked egg. For the other I mixed in ketchup, Dijon mustard, Worchestire sauce and the egg. I actually FORGOT to put my rib dry rub on that one, which I wanted to do, before wrapping in the bacon weave.

The Scotch Deviled Eggs look great !!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Correct! There are some interesting recipes on YouTube and the SmokingMeatsForum. A lot of them use breakfast sausage for the meat. I like making mine more as "meatloafs". For both of those guys I used 1.5 lbs ground beef and .5 lbs of ground pork (each). For the Italian, I seasoned with garlic powder, parsley flakes and Italian bread crumbs, along with a whisked egg. For the other I mixed in ketchup, Dijon mustard, Worchestire sauce and the egg. I actually FORGOT to put my rib dry rub on that one, which I wanted to do, before wrapping in the bacon weave.

The Scotch Deviled Eggs look great !!

How long did you smoke the fatty for? Going to try that recipe for a football game this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Oh God. Should I really go down this rabbit hole? :laugh:

OK, sounds tasty. Must read more about the fatty.
I gather so far I don't need ingredients from the "dispensary".
I'm going in. Cover me. :grin2:

·
Registered
389 Posts
How long did you smoke the fatty for? Going to try that recipe for a football game this season.
Nice!
That's actually a good question because I was paying more attention to the temperature. I was smoking at 250 degrees and I think it was after about 1:45- 2:00 hours that I hit a little over 150 degrees internal temp. I wanted to move them over to the gas grill at a higher temp to crisp the bacon some, and apply the glaze (BBQ sauce on the one; tomato paste/ balsamic vinegar, EVOO and brown sugar on the Italian one), and to get them to 165 degrees internal to be done.

You don't need to use another grill, I'd just recommend turning up the temperature to at least 300/ 325 degrees to crisp up the bacon. You could do the whole smoke that way and cut the cook time down.

Hope this helps! Definitely do some searching and you'll find lots of info on "fatties" out there. That is, the kind you eat! :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Must be some smoking going on out there now...😏
Getting ready to throw three baby back racks and one meatloaf fatty in the smoker, along with two one pound breakfast sausages.
What's on your smoker..?? 🤓🥩🥓🍗🍖

·
Official Retired Person
7,353 Posts
Sun is shinning, finally. It's grilling time, finally!

Baby back pork ribs. Cole slaw & french fries will be on the plate as well.
IMG_20200531_151233262_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Metman

·
Official Retired Person
7,353 Posts
Missed posting this last night. Was busy eating then digesting then sitting on the couch! Oh and substituted baked beans for French fries.
IMG_20200531_183857943.jpg

·
Registered
876 Posts
Prime rib-eye marinated with my rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic, fresh ground black pepper olive oil rub with just a hint of chipotle. then grilled on mesquite charcoal and two chunks of mesquite wood.

·
Registered
1993 750SS
109 Posts
Prime rib-eye marinated with my rosemary, thyme, oregano, garlic, fresh ground black pepper olive oil rub with just a hint of chipotle. then grilled on mesquite charcoal and two chunks of mesquite wood.

View attachment 986610
How long you grillin' that for?

·
Registered
1993 750SS
109 Posts
Bone in ribeye, roast potatoes, and chimichuri sauce 😋

Reactions: Metman and scott
601 - 620 of 655 Posts