Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AAAAAHHHHHH! Yes! The New NCR Titanium Frame! 11 lbs Lighter! This is on order now for my Extreme 1198R! Another Customer just ordered one also! MSRP - A Cool $14,995!

I know this is not for everyone, just sharing cool new stuff! I want to hang this gorgeous thing from my ceiling like artwork!

Attachments

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
AAAAAHHHHHH! Yes! The New NCR Titanium Frame! 11 lbs Lighter!

I know this is not for everyone, just sharing cool new stuff! I want to hang this gorgeous thing from my ceiling like artwork!

i really love your parts and the attitude that goes along with it,
thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Very nice; it would look great next to my ti bicycles. The ride quality from a ti bicycle is unparalleled but do these same damping qualities translate well to a 200 horsepower 375 pound moto? Could there too much flex and/or damping?

I am curious about the VIN though. Is it possible to use this (or any other custom or semi-custom frame) legally on a street licensed motorcycle? I know a lot of people have super custom bikes that are somehow licensed as a CX500 or KZ550...nudge nudge wink wink.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I know titanium is expensive but this is just a little out of my league. OK, way out of my league!
An acquaintance of mine ordered a limited edition Ferrari a while back. He got the titanium wheel upgrade that set him back an additional 25g's. Worth it? He thinks so.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Very nice; it would look great next to my ti bicycles. The ride quality from a ti bicycle is unparalleled but do these same damping qualities translate well to a 200 horsepower 375 pound moto? Could there too much flex and/or damping?

I am curious about the VIN though. Is it possible to use this (or any other custom or semi-custom frame) legally on a street licensed motorcycle? I know a lot of people have super custom bikes that are somehow licensed as a CX500 or KZ550...nudge nudge wink wink.

Good Point. I, do wonder though if the tubes used to built this frame is straight gauge tubing, or are they using double or even triple butted in certain ares of the frame in order to control flex and damping quality of Ti or even their own proprietary ones ?

And yes like you I love my Ti bikes, but I also like my aluminum bikes with the Ti spokes on the back wheel. Ti spokes make my aluminum bikes ride like carbon fiber frame, I can do a century ride and not feel any discomfort.

And since I've lost 70lbs off my own frame ( My self) it's a much affordable way to go fast :D:D.

That frame is beautiful F sweet I love where it says,telaio Nr 1 (Frame Number 1).

·
Registered
260 Posts
That seems like a very poor return on your investment in terms of the amount of weight reduction...

·
Registered
7 Posts
AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Oh wait.... where the hell is the Hypermotard version!?!?!?

Still is an absolute work of art! I love it!! (with slight jealousy...) :crazy:

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
We've got one on order for a project 1098R along with most of the other NCR bits for it... FYI they stamp the VIN number into the frame.

NCR said there are only 3 in existance right now so ours is the 4th. 5 week build time.

They are also doing a one off Ti rear subframe to go wtih it!

·
Registered
387 Posts
That seems like a very poor return on your investment in terms of the amount of weight reduction...
This is one of those last things ya do, to squeeze out extra weight....just like horsepower, the marginal cost of performance is exponential.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Nice, but 11lbs?

I'd rather spend the money on a new bike.
It's not the point, nor is it the point about a weak return on $$$ spent....it's about the cool factor.....hey, if you have an extra $14 grand around and can afford it why not spend and enjoy !!!!!
What's the point in criticizing this? I would like to see it the 1198 when it's done.:)

·
Senior Italophile
867 Posts
It's not the point, nor is it the point about a weak return on $$$ spent....it's about the cool factor.....hey, if you have an extra $14 grand around and can afford it why not spend and enjoy !!!!!
What's the point in criticizing this? I would like to see it the 1198 when it's done.:)

+1 Man! My mouth is watering just thinking of the bike that this frame is gonna make :cool: I saw the NCR frame at Laguna Seca this year it appears to be well made. Very lite! plus never have to paint it!

·
Registered
688 Posts
+1 Man! My mouth is watering just thinking of the bike that this frame is gonna make :cool: I saw the NCR frame at Laguna Seca this year it appears to be well made. Very lite! plus never have to paint it!
The NCR boys were at Indi. They brought two bikes. I asked if one of the bikes was the $40,000 one I'd seen at Dallas. He said No, it's $140,000. To me, 40 or 140 is about the same - out of reach, but its fun to look. It had some cool stuff - MotoGP suspension, ti everything, 140 hp out of a 1200cc two valve air-cooled engine, 300lbs. I enjoyed fondling a table full of exotic parts. Nice display. They had one of those lighweight frames, but it was made for one of their modern supersport recreations, similar to "New Blue."

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think for somebody being able to spend $14K on a frame it's not about weight savings. It's more about buying something other people can't afford and enjoying it :D

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
I think for somebody being able to spend $14K on a frame it's not just about weight savings but also about buying a frenetic
engineered part of motorcycle history and enjoying it
fixed that for you. :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts