Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi everyone :)

Can see that ST2 cam´s might be an issue! For now we try the cams. And if it is a "no go"........... I will go back too the 750 cams. I understand that it might not be the best for torque. All is in the aspect of money. I was hoping for a small increase in grunt...................
Thought of a big bore kit has also been in my head. But the cost is to high VS what I get. Next was a bigger engine. The issue here is not the cost, but Danish motorvehicle regulations......... Whitin the rules there could be installed a monster 800 s2r engine with all electronics and injection, but then there is availability in mind, cost and all the messing around with wiring.
Maybee I´m just desperat to try something that won´t break the bank. Actually a stock engine is perhaps to prefer in the long run. It all came down to the fact, that the bike fu..... up because of bad fuel(old ethanol fuel at the gas station....!)
AND i am not ready to let it go yet. So something had to happen. Or I would end up throwing it in the bin ?( unfortunately I have a very bad temper....!)

I´m in the process of finding the love for the bike again ?

Martin

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Hallo........!
Holy moly! it has been a long winter/spring. Bike is still in the workshop to be fixed :sleep: But it is getting closer.
At first, the plan was to fit ST2 cams. And after some thoughts, and some forum members concerns about this. We decided to take a different path.
I threw all caution into the wind......... Said F... it! ST2 cams ended up in, the ST2 motor. Which is now fitted to my bike instead.Looking forward to see and feel the result

All this boredom has, as always, ended up in some stupid ideas..! The old front-end from my Husqvarna TC610 has the same diameter as the OEM Elefant fork. So why not fit that and wheel to it.

Fueltank was sanded down to the raw plastic. Then primed with 2K epoxy(1.4 kilo......) Today it was time to get it to the paintbooth, AKA the garden behind our small worshop. Gloss white for now, and 2K clearcoat once the weather plays nice again!

Thats all for now. Hope the Elefant is back on its feet soon.... PMS(parked motorcycle syndrom) has set in
Stay safe every one.
Martin

Reactions: DucmanST3

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A little update.

Finally the fueltank is done.........! I will certainly hope, that I have done it properly. This is a job I hope not to do again in the near future!
It took 8 weeks for it to dry out after sanding down. Wanted to be absolutely sure is was completly dry before spraying on any primer and coat.

ST2 engine with fuel injection is in the frame. Now I hope the bike will return to me soon...!
Looking forward to view everything put together

Update will follow as soon as I can lay my paws on it...!
Stay safe everyone.

Martin

Reactions: flynnmon
21 - 25 of 25 Posts