Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

My name is Lennart Sundgren and I live in a small village in Sweden called Sandarne.
It’s located at the east coast about 240 km north of Stockholm.

My new Ducati is my thirteenth bike and the second bike that I’ve bought brand new. I bought a new Suzuki GSX1100F back in 1991.

I have always dreamed about owning a Ducati. Back in 2002 I tested a 996 with termigioni pipes and I was blown away by the sound and the handling of the bike. But since I like to have my girlfriends (I’ve had quite a few before I got married in 2013) with me it never was an option to buy a “solo” bike. And I never really liked the earlier models of the multistrada.

Somehow I became a Harley guy back in 2007 when I bought a Heritage Softail Classic. It stayed with me for fourteen years until I realized that it mostly collected dust in my garage. I needed a new bike that was fun to ride.

Of course I started looking for large touring bikes again but I soon realized that I don’t want another pregnant elephant. That’s when I did the impossible and went outside my comfort zone. I started looking at bikes like the Africa twin.

I looked at every test I could find where bikes like that was compared. Of course I saw the new V4S but it was so very expensive so I didn’t dare to go deeper into it. But I always did anyway because everyone said so many good things about it. Within a week I had seen every YouTube test video there was on the internet and I was sold.

I went to my closest dealer in August last year after dropping of my wife at a shopping center and looked at the bike in real life. I signed the documents without even a test ride within half an hour. A couple of weeks later I could pick up my own brand new Ducati. It finally happened!

Now it’s parked in the garage for the winter. I managed to get about 2000 km before the snow came. I can’t wait for summer to be back. I’m in love with my new Ducati.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
206 Posts
I went to my closest dealer in August last year after dropping of my wife at a shopping center and looked at the bike in real life. I signed the documents without even a test ride within half an hour.
Congrats. Wonderful selection. I would like to hear the rest of the story.

Reactions: LennartSundgren

·
Registered
2021 Multistrada V4S Radar & Travel Pack
366 Posts
G'day Lennart,

I'm glad to read that I wasn't the only crazy to buy a V4 Multistrada without a test ride :LOL:.

Luckily, all the test reports were truthful, so after 10 months and almost 16k kms, I am loving my V4S Radar & Travel pack more and more!

Don't worry about the red sub frame, you can't see it while riding, and riding this bike is what it's all about!

Welcome to the forum (y)

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
You mean the story when I picked up my wife from the shopping center and told her I just spent a butt load of money? 😂
No way. That story is between her and me for obvious reasons. 😂😂😂
I've owned 7 ducs over the years. Right now I"m struggling to decide between the V4S and V2S multis. I had a 2013 1200 multi which was hands down the best duc I ever owned. Congrats!

·
Registered
2021 Ducati Multistrada V4S
63 Posts
Hello everyone.

My name is Lennart Sundgren and I live in a small village in Sweden called Sandarne.
It’s located at the east coast about 240 km north of Stockholm.

My new Ducati is my thirteenth bike and the second bike that I’ve bought brand new. I bought a new Suzuki GSX1100F back in 1991.

I have always dreamed about owning a Ducati. Back in 2002 I tested a 996 with termigioni pipes and I was blown away by the sound and the handling of the bike. But since I like to have my girlfriends (I’ve had quite a few before I got married in 2013) with me it never was an option to buy a “solo” bike. And I never really liked the earlier models of the multistrada.

Somehow I became a Harley guy back in 2007 when I bought a Heritage Softail Classic. It stayed with me for fourteen years until I realized that it mostly collected dust in my garage. I needed a new bike that was fun to ride.

Of course I started looking for large touring bikes again but I soon realized that I don’t want another pregnant elephant. That’s when I did the impossible and went outside my comfort zone. I started looking at bikes like the Africa twin.

I looked at every test I could find where bikes like that was compared. Of course I saw the new V4S but it was so very expensive so I didn’t dare to go deeper into it. But I always did anyway because everyone said so many good things about it. Within a week I had seen every YouTube test video there was on the internet and I was sold.

I went to my closest dealer in August last year after dropping of my wife at a shopping center and looked at the bike in real life. I signed the documents without even a test ride within half an hour. A couple of weeks later I could pick up my own brand new Ducati. It finally happened!

Now it’s parked in the garage for the winter. I managed to get about 2000 km before the snow came. I can’t wait for summer to be back. I’m in love with my new Ducati.

View attachment 1025548
Hey Lennart welcome. I use the same tactical approach. Leave my wife in the shopping mall, and afterwards take her out in a fancy restaurant for dinner, if it does not work, I buy her shoes;

Hahahahaa....very nice story. And I love the bike we still have rideable weather and I have 16 k now. It is. a joy. So enjoy.

Ride safe.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts